Camera only showing still image

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-02 08:28:35
Model: TC65  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My camera was working fine.  It now only shows a still image. If I go to view the camera it will show video for 2 seconds & then the image becomes still. How do I solve this ?

I have reset the camera & reinstalled the app.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Camera only showing still image
2023-07-03 11:46:16

@Galwayguy 

Hi,
We need more information about the problem for further analysis, and please help confirm:
1. Can you send me a link to download a video that shows your problem via private message?
2. Please send me the model number and OS version of your phone, and send me the version of your Tapo app.
3. Do you have this problem when accessing the camera with the Tapo app? Within the local network or via a remote network?
4. Have you tried watching your camera with a different phone?

Best Regards

Options
2023-07-03 16:19:12

@Galwayguy I tried a different device & it's fine on my phone but won't work on my Huawei tablet like it always used to.  The camera image shows on the tablet as video for a second then switches to a still image.  It's obviously something to do with the tablet.

Options
2023-07-04 09:48:25

@Galwayguy 

Hi,
Please ensure the OS version and the Tapo app are up to date on your tablet, uninstall the apps that were downloaded recently when the problem started to happen, and then check if you can watch the camera's live view page properly on the tablet. If not, you can use your phone to stream the camera video.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 324

Replies: 3

Related Articles