Tapo app is unable to play recordings on the Hub but only for one of my cameras.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo app is unable to play recordings on the Hub but only for one of my cameras.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-09 23:48:48 - last edited 2023-07-11 08:03:23
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have 2 C420 cameras connected to an H200 hub, and use the iPhone version of the Tapo app. 

Both cameras are showing the live feed successfully in the app. Both cameras are recording successfully on the Hub (the files on the micro-SD card can be played on a laptop).  But the recordings for one camera cannot be played via the app, although the recordings for the other camera can be played ok. The app knows the recordings are there as the dates in the Calendar selection are blue on the days recordings are present. But the app says "No Recordings" when a day with recordings is chosen, but only for one camera.  Historic recordings for the other camera play perfectly. 

This problem happened to me a month ago and the support team solved it quickly with a new release of the firmware for the Hub. But the problem is back, I don't know exactly when it reappeared. My Hub firmware is up to date. Is it a software Release Management issue - has the fix been dropped from from a later version in error?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo app is unable to play recordings on the Hub but only for one of my cameras.-Solution
2023-07-11 08:03:19 - last edited 2023-07-11 08:03:23
Hello everyone, 

@RayM56 Thank you very much for sharing feedback on the 'Tapo app is unable to play recordings on the Hub but only for one of my cameras.' 

Here are the suggestions on this issue.

Description:
When the Tapo battery-powered camera(such as Tapo C400, C420, etc.) works with Tapo H200 and has a microSD card inserted into the hub, you may encounter the issue that the video recordings are there since the dates on the Tapo app>Camera's Playback page>Calendar selection page are blue, but the app says "No Recordings" when a day with recordings is chosen.

Model: Tapo H200,  HW:V1,  FW: 1.2.19 Build 20230627 rel.61578 & the previous verisons

Solution: 
We have a new beta firmware based on the latest version (1.2.19) to solve the problem. Please provide the MAC address of the H200 to support.forum@tp-link.com with the email tile 'Forum ID 614598+ Tapo H200+ Description' if you'd like to try the beta firmware, and then our support will continue to help with your case.

And we will release a new official firmware to solve the issue as soon as possible.

Best Regards
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Tapo app is unable to play recordings on the Hub but only for one of my cameras.-Solution
2023-07-11 08:03:19 - last edited 2023-07-11 08:03:23
Hello everyone, 

@RayM56 Thank you very much for sharing feedback on the 'Tapo app is unable to play recordings on the Hub but only for one of my cameras.' 

Here are the suggestions on this issue.

Description:
When the Tapo battery-powered camera(such as Tapo C400, C420, etc.) works with Tapo H200 and has a microSD card inserted into the hub, you may encounter the issue that the video recordings are there since the dates on the Tapo app>Camera's Playback page>Calendar selection page are blue, but the app says "No Recordings" when a day with recordings is chosen.

Model: Tapo H200,  HW:V1,  FW: 1.2.19 Build 20230627 rel.61578 & the previous verisons

Solution: 
We have a new beta firmware based on the latest version (1.2.19) to solve the problem. Please provide the MAC address of the H200 to support.forum@tp-link.com with the email tile 'Forum ID 614598+ Tapo H200+ Description' if you'd like to try the beta firmware, and then our support will continue to help with your case.

And we will release a new official firmware to solve the issue as soon as possible.

Best Regards
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tapo app is unable to play recordings on the Hub but only for one of my cameras.
2023-07-12 19:08:16

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for your reply. I have emailed the details you requested. 

Options
Re:Tapo app is unable to play recordings on the Hub but only for one of my cameras.
2023-07-13 11:32:48

@RayM56 

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback, and the engineer is following up on your case at TKID230720353. Please reply to the ticket if you need any further help.
Best Regards

Options
2023-07-18 17:40:51
Hi Support team. Not sure if you have pushed the Beta patch to my Hub yet, after I supplied the MAC address as requested. But I can report that historic recordings for the camera in question are now visible and playable on the app once again. Thank you.
Options
2023-07-19 08:35:43

@RayM56 

Hi, I think you have updated the beta firmware so the camera and the hub work fine again. It's suggested to pay attention to the new firmware notification on the Tapo app and keep your firmware up to date since the next official firmware is planned to solve the issue. smiley

Best Regards

Options
2023-07-19 16:41:41

@Solla-topee 

Thanks. Yes I have auto update switched on, so if you made the beta release available to my device, it found it and updated. I'll leave auto update on to pick up the fix in the permanent release. Thank you and the team for your help. 

Options
2023-07-20 05:49:35

@RayM56 Hi, thank you for your support and cooperation, and have a nice day~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 445

Replies: 7

Related Articles