Tapo C500 - No Option to Disable Audio Recording.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-10 15:57:28
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Hi everyone!

I have several Tapo cameras, different models too. I have noticed in the C500 model, there is no option in the Settings to disable audio recording.

On other models, in Settings > Advanced Settings > Record Audio, there is a toggle on/off.

What am I missing? I know the C500 is an outdoor camera, but here in the United Kingdom, it is not lawful to accidentally capture audio conversations of neighbours.

I presume the workaround is to lower the microphone's volume to zero, but perhaps the software for the C500 needs an update for disabling audio recording. 

Look forward to any replies.

Thank you.

Kind regards. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Tapo C500 - No Option to Disable Audio Recording.
2023-07-11 09:52:32

@Danny_SP 

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback here, and we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about when this feature can come to the Tapo C500, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please feel free to leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options
2023-07-11 14:39:38

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for your reply, and for requesting this feature, much appreciated. 

All the best.

Options
2023-10-17 14:10:06

@Danny_SP 

Se posso permettermi ho notato invece che selezionando l'altoparlante si puo' diminuire il volume della telecamera.
Microphone of cam. 
Dalla schermata principale con la parte che visualizza una porzione della camera. E sotto fotocamera, video, altoparlante, chiamata

Saluti

Options
2023-10-18 10:41:20

@Danny_SP @Luciano1960 

Hi,
The Tapo C500 with the firmware 1.0.6 or newer has the Record Sound option on the camera's Device Settings>Storage & Recording page, and you can decide to turn it on or off.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 538

Replies: 4

Related Articles