Votes

Activity Alarm Zone for any kind of detection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-05 17:42:04 - last edited 2023-08-07 15:15:37
Tags: #Motion Detection #Camera Alarm Zone
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have my camera on the street for more tha a year, capturing various types of robberies, two in almost two weeks. I'm using Tapo notifications along IFTTT and Smart Life to do some things like turn on switchs and lights. But I have Alarm option disabled in my Tapo camera because any kind of detection will fire the alarm and I can't choose what kind of detection for alarm. I know I can add Area Intrusion or Line Cross with schedules but is not useful for my sceneario and I can't add schedules for motion detection too.

This is my scenario:

I want to record any kind of activity on the street and I want to fire the alarm for the night and only for a special zone (or zones) but I can't find any configuration that can cover that scenario.

My configuration is:

Area Intrusion enabled with activity zones

Line Crossing is disabled

AI is disabled

Motion Detection is disabled

Notifications are disabled

Alarm is disabled

What did I try: Added a mix of Activity Zones like the following:

One for Area Intrusion, just for activity recording.

One for Motion Detection, this is the zone I want to fire the Alarm.

But:

If I set the notifications schedule only for the night I will receive notifications for any kind of detection that are enabled and the Alarm will be fired for Area Intrusion too.

If the schedule for Area Intrusion is disabled for the night, this is the best aproach, but I will miss any kind of activity outside of Motion Detection Zone.

It would be nice can choose what kind of Alarm for any kind of detection, OR better give a Zone Alarm (or whatever name) property to any kind of Activity Zone that can be added (Motion Detection, Line Crossing, Area Intrusion) for example like this:

So that way I will have Activity Zones/Areas only for Alarms for any kind of detection that can be filtered. For example for my scenario I can add to my Motion Detection Activity Zone/Area an Alarm Zone/Area property

Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Activity Alarm Zone for any kind of detection
2023-08-07 09:52:22 - last edited 2023-08-07 09:52:53

@Bica 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options
RE:Activity Alarm Zone for any kind of detection
2023-08-08 21:07:47
This would be very helpful. The options for alarms are very limited.
Options
RE:Activity Alarm Zone for any kind of detection
2023-08-11 12:05:14
We need activity zones for any kind of detection, not just motion, also KI-Detection (person etc.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 304

Replies: 3

Voters 3

Tags

Motion Detection
Camera Alarm Zone