D230S1 Doorbell video call alert not working on iPhone

D230S1 Doorbell video call alert not working on iPhone

30 Reply
Re:D230S1 Doorbell video feature to enable or disable has disappeared on iPhone
2024-08-06 10:48:21

@Solla-topee 

Another workaround...

When will the software be stable enough for public realise? 

We still have sporadic notifications and not once have I had the doorbell press call button appear on my Samsung s23. 

I'm giving up on this doorbell to be honest. I would like to invest into more tp-link products, but the awful software on the doorbell and the absolute joke 4g modem (much better speeds using the same sim CAD in my phone) isn't giving me much hope for other tp link products. 

Options
2024-08-06 12:06:18
Nah this doesn’t help at all for iPhone users, the workaround is to turn off all notifications?! Please fix this asap, its driving me and my wife nuts. I’m one more amazon parcel away from drop kicking my doorbell down the road.
Options
2024-08-07 11:41:01

@-Sputnic 

Hi,
You can refer to the thread "Doorbell Video Call Options For iOS Devices" and check if it helps. 
If you do not want to have a doorbell video call on your iPhone similar to an incoming phone call, you can refer to the Workaround on the above thread to try the Tapo beta app.
Best Regards 

Options
2024-08-07 11:47:30

@Fun-Wolfy 

Hi,
If you want to receive a video call on your Samsung phone when someone presses the doorbell camera, please ensure the doorbell and the Tapo app are up to date. Then go to the Tapo app> Camera's Device Settings>Doorbell>Doorbell Video Call page to enable this feature and the relevant notification & permissions settings. 
Best Regards 

Options
2024-08-07 12:11:55

@Solla-topee. It's all active with all notifications allowed. 

It doesn't work. 

Options
2024-08-08 09:38:49

@Fun-Wolfy 

Hi,
Please provide the pictures of the following pages for checking:
1) On the Tapo app>Me>Notifications>Management, please ensure the button for your doorbell camera is switched on.

2) On the Doorbell Video Call page, tap the Allow Ringcall Permissions and send me a picture of this page.

3) On the Doorbell Video Call page, tap the Allow Notifications and send me a picture of this page.

4) Please refer to the below instructions to confirm whether your phone settings are correct.
Why can’t I receive notifications after turning on Notifications?

Best Regards

Options
2024-08-10 17:39:26

@Solla-topee 

No this doesn't help as I already said, the work around for iPhone users is to turn off notifications, which makes the doorbell useless.

when will this be fixed? how has it not been fixed yet? I've had firmware updates for light bulbs in the weeks I've been waiting for a fix to make my doorbell work. 

please get a fix for iphone users asap and just to reiterate what the problem is: I can't disable video calls, there is not option for it in the IOS version of your tapo app, it does not exist. 

Options
2024-08-10 17:44:37 - last edited 2024-08-10 17:46:04

No way to disable video calls. 

Options
2024-08-12 12:05:20

@-Sputnic 

Hi,
Refer to the Workaround of this thread "Doorbell Video Call Options For iOS Devices", you can download and install the "Tapo beta App (Testflight)", and the doorbell video call feature is disabled by default.
Best Regards

Options
Re:D230S1 Doorbell video call alert not working on iPhone
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

Same issue on my new D130. All settings are correct.  I dont get a ringcall on my android when the app is closed. I only get a notification 

Options
Related Articles