Activity zones

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Activity zones

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Activity zones
Activity zones
2023-08-08 12:59:43
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1

I'm just setting up my new 510W but am having difficulties with the activity zones.  No matter what I set them to on my drive, it seems to pick up cars going along the top of the view/road and my neighbour in the adjacent driveway.

Does anybody have any suggestions for better settings or solution?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Activity zones
2023-08-09 07:16:31

@Paddy99 

Hi,
The activity zone configured on the Motion Detection page works for Motion Detection only, and if you have enabled Vehicle Detection on the C510W's Camera Settings>Detection & Alerts page, the camera will detect cars when they move in front of the camera. 

If you haven't enabled Vehicle Detection, please help confirm the following information.
1. On the C510W's Camera Settings>Detection & Alerts page, please tap Motion Detection and send me a picture of it. Then please tap AI Detection and send me a picture of this page.

2. Can you share the video that shows the camera detects cars when it shouldn't be with us?

You can send me the link to download the video and the pictures via private message.

Best Regards

Options
2023-08-09 07:43:22
I don't have a vehicle detection option in the camera. I think I might have resolved it at the moment but I've had to turn the sensitivity down to 2 which seems pretty low, although last night I had a 2 hr window at midnight whereby flies were setting off the motion with almost continuous recordings. Using the sensitivity of 2 this morning it did pick me up coming out the front door and getting in my car but then stopped and didn't follow me reversing out of the drive. I had the same with a window cleaner on Monday, it picked him up at the door, then again carrying ladders down to our back gate, but it didn't track or pick him up leaving and that was with the sensitivity on 8
Options
2023-08-09 12:16:51

@Paddy99 

Hi, 
I checked the information on the Tapo C510W's Datasheet and find that it does not have the vehicle detection feature, I did not notice that before and thank you for the correction.

Have you inserted an SD card into the camera and enabled continuous recording all the time? If so, you can keep monitoring the camera's performance and send me the video that shows the problem if you encounter one, and please also send me the pictures of the configuration of the Motion and Person Detection feature for further analysis.

Best Regards

Options
2023-08-09 13:04:10

Ok thanks for confirming.  I have enabled continuous recording to my nas as well as a trial of the Tapocare and it does appear to be ok but I will monitor.  I think the motion detection   I'm just concerned with the motion settings turned down to 2.  I also have the person detection turned off because I understand that doesn't respect the activity zones and detects my neighbours

Options
2023-08-10 10:06:28

@Paddy99 

Hi,
It's hard to judge whether the Tapo C510W's motion detection feature works fine or not based on the information we have now, but setting the motion sensitivity to a lower value will lead to more missed recordings.
I think you can set the motion sensitivity value to the higher one that you want, and if the camera records motion that is not in the activity zone or has other abnormal recordings, you can send me the video and your current motion detection settings page, we will further analyze the problem and try to solve it.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 464

Replies: 5

Related Articles