LQ LiveFeed Tapo C210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

LQ LiveFeed Tapo C210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
LQ LiveFeed Tapo C210
LQ LiveFeed Tapo C210
2023-08-14 07:40:35
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6

Hi Tapo,

I've opened this thread about an existing unfixed issue reported by many users already.

The Tapo C210 Camera is always stuck on LQ when viewing the live camera-feed.

I see threads about this issue as far back as 2021

And, your tech support usually provides irrelevant answers about toggling the RECORDING quality which does NOT affect the LIVESTREAM quality.

In your FAQ dated 2020 as per https://www.tapo.com/sg/faq/66/ which is supposedly suitable for C210, states:

Q: What if the image is not clear when watching Live View remotely?

For the HQ and LQ issue, we are sorry that to ensure a smooth Live View in a somehow low bandwidth environment when viewing the camera remotely, we set the video resolution to LQ (360P) by default.

You may switch to HQ (1080P) manually on the Live View page if you have a high bandwidth certainly.

If you view the camera locally, that is your monitoring phone and the camera is connected to the same Wi-Fi, it will be default to HQ streaming quality.
For remote live view, as long as you don't close the app, it will be the same option you quit last time (kill the app and open it again, and it will become LQ). If you need to have the HQ live view all the time, please lock the APP to keep it running in the background

This is not available

Per another thread in 2021 May, a beta firmware v1.1.9 was offered, refer https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/263186

There was no feedback nor confirmation from users regarding that solution.

The latest stable firmware is v1.3.6 and yet this is still an issue?

If i had known, I would not have bought two of these.

A $19 Yoosee from China can do better?

Options
4 Reply
Re:LQ LiveFeed Tapo C210
2023-08-14 07:41:56
Options
2023-08-15 07:41:44

@haroooo 

Hi, 
Thank you for your case report. The Tapo cameras allow watching the camera with two mainstreams(high-quality) and two substreams (low-quality) at the same time. If your Tapo C210 is always stuck on LQ when watching it, please help confirm:
1) How many devices watching it at the same time?
2) Are these devices watching it on the local network or remotely?
3) Does your Tapo Cam subscribes to the Tapo Care service? It will occupy a mainstream.

Best Regards

Options
2023-08-15 12:18:24
Hi, The live camera feed I am referring to is when viewing via the TAPO Android App. I have read through the FAQs before answering your follow-up enquiries. 1) It is usually only one device accessing the livefeed via mobile app. 2) I have tried switching between local-network i.e. being on the same WIFI SSID and mobile-data. 3) No, I have not yet invoked the free 1mth trial nor subscribe. There is no such stipulated requirement. However, you are missing the point, issue here is, there is no LQ/HQ toggle.
Options
2023-08-16 12:32:33

@haroooo 

Hi,
Different Tapo camera models' features may be on different pages of the Tapo app. For the Tapo C210, you can tap your Tapo camera model card(C210) on the Home page>>tap the Settings icon at the top right corner>>click on Video Quality, select 2K or 1080P to get higher quality video on the Live View page.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 266

Replies: 4

Related Articles