Stand-by mode or off by a schedule possible?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-15 08:16:03
Model: Tapo C420S1  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.11

Is it possible to only let the camera detect motions between certain times? Let's say from 11:00 PM - 6:00 AM? So between 6:00 AM and 11:00 PM the camera should be in stand-by mode or off. Think that saves a lot of battery... Now (yesterday around 10:00 PM the camera detected motions and the flash went on at a time I don't want it to do that... 

Is that already possible or not?

Options
11 Reply
Re:Stand-by mode or off by a schedule possible?
2023-08-16 07:53:38

@Smogie 

Hi,
You can achieve your requirement by using the Automation feature to enable or disable the Privacy mode of the Tapo C420 on the Tapo app.
How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices?
e.g.
the first automation entry:
Trigger: when time is 11:00 PM
Action: Disable Privacy Mode

the second automation entry:
Trigger: when time is 6:00 AM
Action: Enable Privacy Mode

Best Regards.

Options
2023-08-16 08:10:24

@Solla-topee Hi, unfortunately that automation is not overruled by the home-mode or away-mode, so not exactly the automated solution I was looking for... Or am I doing something wrong?

Options
2023-08-16 08:48:44

@Smogie 

Hi,
For the Tapo Cameras, the Streaming and Recording functions will be temporarily disabled when enabling the privacy mode, so disabling or enabling the privacy mode at a specific time can meet your requirement. 

And to disable or enable the privacy mode at a specific time, you can add the Automation entries on the Tapo app>Smart tab.

The Automation feature is different from the Home/Away mode, you need to tap Home/Away mode on the Tapo app>Cameras tab to apply the preset settings for the cameras, but the automation entry will execute itself when triggered.

Best Regards.

Options
2023-08-16 08:58:09

@Solla-topee 

Hi, 

So if understand it correctly...

I have 2 automations at the moment:

- turn on privacy mode at 06:00 AM

- turn off privacy mode at 11:00 PM

Example 1: If it's 01:00 PM and I select Away mode, then all those settings (turning off privacy mode) will happen?

Example 2: If it's 02:00 PM and it's on Away mode and I return home and select Home mode again. Will it go back to privacy mode or can I configure that?

Options
2023-08-16 09:35:52

@Smogie 

Hi,
Please help check the Tapo app version, and check if the Privacy Mode option is available in the Home/Away mode settings.
(Note: different Tapo app versions may have different options.)

Case 1. If you have the two automation entries added and the Privacy Mode option is not included in the Home/Away mode.
Example 1: If it's 01:00 PM and you select Away mode, then all the preset settings for the detection feature in the Away mode will apply to your cameras, but the Privacy Mode is still on.
Example 2: If it's 02:00 PM and it's on Away mode and you return home and select Home mode again, then all the preset settings for the detection feature in the Home mode will apply to your cameras, but the Privacy Mode is still on.
In this case, selecting the Home/Away mode won't affect the Privacy Mode status.

Case 2. If you have the two automation entries added and the Privacy Mode option is included in the Home/Away mode.
No matter whether you select Away Mode or Home Mode, the Privacy Mode will change the status according to the configuration in the Home/Away mode, but the automation entries will also take effect at the specific time you configured.

Best Regards

Options
2023-08-16 11:15:55 - last edited 2023-08-16 11:58:45

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for your time to reply at all my questions... Something is still not clear to me..

The standard is Home-mode when the camera is in privacy mode (i have the up-to-date version of the app and firmware). When I select Away-mode, then the privacy-mode is still on so the camera won't see motions and/or record any motions...

Here is a description of what I'm looking for:

Camera 1:

06:00 AM: I've set an automation for privacy-mode on. So the detections are off, recording off, alerts or push-messages off

10:00 AM: I'm going to the gym, so I want to select Away-mode or Away-shortcut to: turn off privacy mode, detections on, recording on, alerts and push-messages on.

01:00 PM: Coming home, so I want to select Home-mode or Homecoming shortcut to: turn on privacy mode, detections off , recording off , alerts and push-messages off.

11:00 PM: Going to sleep, I've set an automation for privacy-mode off

Next morning:

06:00 AM: I've set an automation for privacy-mode on. So the detections are off, recording off, alerts or push-messages off

etc.

Camera 2:

06:00 AM: No push-messages of motions

10:00 AM: I'm going to the gym, so I want to select Away-mode or Away-shortcut to: turn on push-messages of motions

01:00 PM: Coming home, so I want to select Home-mode or Homecoming shortcut to: turn off push-messages of motions

11:00 PM: Going to sleep, turn on push-messages of motions

Next morning:

06:00 AM: No push-messages of motions

etc.

Options
2023-08-17 10:34:43 - last edited 2023-08-17 10:42:02

@Smogie 

Hi, 
I'm checking the settings on the Tapo app version(Android 2.17.206), and the privacy mode is not included in the Home/Away mode. Please refer to the steps in blue color to set up the Home/Away mode and Automation entry.

(Here I use Camera 1 as an example)

Camera 1:
06:00 AM: I've set an automation for privacy-mode on. So the detections are off, recording off, alerts or push-messages off
--Automation entry needs to be added to turn on the Privacy Mode at 06:00 AM every day for your camera 1.

10:00 AM: I'm going to the gym, so I want to select Away-mode or Away-shortcut to: turn off privacy mode, detections on, recording on, alerts and push-messages on.
--Automation entry needs to be added to turn off the Privacy Mode at 10:00 AM every day for your camera 1.
--Press the Away Mode manually on the Tapo app to apply the preset settings for your camera 1.

01:00 PM: Coming home, so I want to select Home-mode or Homecoming shortcut to: turn on privacy mode, detections off , recording off , alerts and push-messages off.
--Automation entry needs to be added to turn on the Privacy Mode at 01:00 PM every day for your camera 1.
--Press the Home Mode manually on the Tapo app to apply the settings for your camera 1, but the Privacy Mode is still turned on.

11:00 PM: Going to sleep, I've set an automation for privacy-mode off
--Automation entry needs to be added to turn off the Privacy Mode at 11:00 PM every day for your camera 1.

Please let me know the detailed problem phenomenon if you have one, and send me the Home/Away Mode settings page for your cameras and Automation Settings page for your cameras.
You can upload the configuration pages to your own cloud server(such as Google Drive) and then send me a link to download them via private message.

Best Regards

Options
2023-08-17 13:07:02

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

I have an iPhone (app version 2.17.2). 

Not everything I want to be automated. For example when I want to go to the gym, then it's ok to select Away-mode, but because it doesn't have privacy mode included. So when I leave the house I always have to take 2 actions... Als with the notification settings, they are not included in de home and away-mode. In comparison to Eufy this is way more effort to set up for my wishes...

But if the above is what it is, then it's ok, but not really user-friendly unfortunaly..

Options
2023-08-18 06:47:12

@Smogie 

Hi,
Thank you for the information updated.
1. As I checked on the Tapo app 2.17.2 version, the Activity Notifications feature is included in the Home/Away mode. Can you share a relevant picture with us if you can't see this feature in the Home/Away mode?

2. If you go to the gym and go home at an uncertain time, you can enable/disable the Privacy Mode without adding the entry of automation when you leave home and go home, but it will be more convenient to click the Privacy Mode directly on the camera's Live View page.

3. We have added the Privacy Mode in the Home/Away mode on the Tapo app version 3.x.x, and it will be released soon. Please pay attention to the app updates in App Store on your iPhone. 
Thank you very much for your feedback here and we will continuously improve our products and deliver the best performance possible. 

Best Regards

Options
2023-08-18 07:09:21

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

I do see the notification settings in home- and away-mode. Just getting familiar with all the settings. I find it a bit confusion coming from eufy, maybe that's why... The only thing I don't understand is the difference between the home- and away-mode vs. the shortcuts homecoming en going out..

Thanks for your time!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 675

Replies: 11

Related Articles