Can Tapo D230S1 integrate with any screen for notifications?

2023-08-24 21:54:04 - last edited 2023-08-25 08:43:20
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone,

I came across this new product Tap D230S1 which is yet to be launched in India. I wanted to confirm if we can use this product with any wall mounted screens inside the house to see the doorbell and video notifications along with phone integration.

Elders living the house don't always have their phone handy and I would like to pair this smart doorbell with a screen mounted inside the living room, next to the entrance, so that they can look at that screen when the door bell is rung. 

Kindly confirm if the product can support that functionality.

Thank you.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Can Tapo D230S1 integrate with any screen for notifications?
2023-08-25 08:53:31

@yyashwanth 

Hi,
The Tapo D230 can work with Alexa and Google Home, so you can watch the Live View page of the Tapo D230 with the Alexa and Google Home products that have a screen but can't work with other wall-mounted screens.

Best Regards

Options
2023-11-10 16:45:36

@Solla-topee Hi - can I confirm that when the doorbell is pressed, you can have your smart screen (Google Nest Hub in my case) automatically show the live feed?

Options
2023-11-14 11:53:40

@alchemyst 

Hi,
According to our test, currently, the camera's live feed can show up on the Echo device with a screen automatically when someone presses the doorbell, but the Google device does not support this feature. However, when someone presses the doorbell, you can receive a notification or call banner(when opening the Tapo app) on your phone, and then you can ask Google device with a screen to show the camera.
Best Regards

Options
2023-11-17 13:55:32

@Solla-topee Thanks for confirming. Is there any plans to add this capability to Google Nest smart screens?  Is there any workarounds possible using automations?

Options
2023-11-21 11:25:38

@alchemyst 

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback here, we are continuously improving our products to deliver the best performance possible, while we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 285

Replies: 5

Related Articles