Tapo H200 can't be detected in Tapo app

Tapo H200 can't be detected in Tapo app

15 Reply
Re:Tapo H200 can't be detected in Tapo app
2023-12-09 23:38:00

@Brickwall 

Update to the previous comment. Problem solved. I am connected to a Netgear Orbi RBK20 router wifi mesh. I connected the hub to the satellite instead of main router and was able to see the hub in the Tapo app.

Options
Re:Tapo H200wont connect
2024-02-16 10:54:07

@Rawrrrf Hi, Tapo h200 wont connect, BT router ip 192.168.1.191 Wont stop blinking orange/green. Reset numerous occasions, replaced ethernet cable several times, disabled firewalls, vpn [pointless anyway] and spoke nicely to it, after i called it a nobjockey. please help

Options
Re:Tapo H200wont connect
2024-02-18 08:50:03

@gareth1066 

Any response from the H200 if you try to ping its IP?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Tapo H200 can't be detected in Tapo app-Solution
2024-04-08 01:57:23 - last edited 2024-04-10 01:03:04

Brickwall wrote

@Brickwall 

Update to the previous comment. Problem solved. I am connected to a Netgear Orbi RBK20 router wifi mesh. I connected the hub to the satellite instead of main router and was able to see the hub in the Tapo app.

@Brickwall 

This absolutely worked for me. Connecting via Deco M5 mesh. Switched to the satellite after reading Brickwall's comment and it worked fine. Thanks Brickwall!

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tapo H200 can't be detected in Tapo app
2024-04-10 01:42:22

Kubs wrote

Brickwall wrote

@Brickwall 

@Brickwall 

This absolutely worked for me. Connecting via Deco M5 mesh. Switched to the satellite after reading Brickwall's comment and it worked fine. Thanks Brickwall!

@Kubs @Brickwall 

I'm a bit curious, did you test the connectivity for the LAN port on the main mesh unit? Can a PC access internet with the same LAN port?

One thought that occurred to me was whether this LAN port could have been configured for a specific purpose alone. For example, I know that on the Deco mesh, users can establish IPTV settings on the main deco, limiting the LAN port to only connect to a TV; other devices will be unable to access the internet through this port.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Related Articles