Need Help with Tapo H200 and C420 Camera Automation for Multiple Users

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-29 09:15:56
Model: Tapo H200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone,

I'm currently facing an issue with my Tapo H200 and C420 cameras and was hoping someone here might have a solution or workaround.

I live with 4 roommates, and we all use the "get home" smart action to deactivate the C420 camera when we arrive home. However, the problem is that each of us has our own individual "get home" smart action, and they can't be deactivated by others. This means that the C420 gets triggered every time one of us enters the room, even if someone else is already home.

I'm looking for a way for any of us to be able to deactivate the camera independently when we get home, without triggering it for others. Ideally, once one person deactivates the camera, it should remain off until the last person leaves and then reactivate for the next person arriving home.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue or have any suggestions on how to set this up? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Need Help with Tapo H200 and C420 Camera Automation for Multiple Users
2023-08-30 06:58:31

@goallie 

Hi,
Is the "get home" smart action configured on the Tapo app>>Smart tab or Tapo app>>Cameras tab? And whether you and your roommates log in to the Tapo app with the same owner account?
Usually, if you and your roommates log in to the Tapo app with the same owner account, the entries on the Tapo app>>Smart tab will sync on the different phones.

Currently, the Tapo cam/Tapo app does not have the feature to achieve your requirements, but I'll log your feature request and forward it to the related team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Options
2023-08-31 12:10:07 - last edited 2023-08-31 12:10:38

@Solla-topee 

it would be extremely helpful to have shared actions across multiple accounts since for example I have a camera in my personal garage and now I have to grant my flatmates access to a private camera I'd rather not share . 

Thanks a lot

Options
2023-09-01 08:07:50

@goallie 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 352

Replies: 3

Related Articles