Late activation and recording on Tapo c420

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-19 08:36:55
Model: Tapo C420S1  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.12

Hi. 

I have a problem with my two c420. When it senses motion and start recording, recordings are 2 seconds after motion or movement is within field of view. This means in practice that a thief would be able to run past, and camera wouldn't get to record it. 

Wake-up sensitivity is set to highest (10) recording buffer to 10, and clip length to 20 sek.

It should in my opnion record a second before entering field of view, and keep recording. But this is proberly not possible due to the fact that it doesn't record continously (if I'd known this, I would never have bought it) camera is useless in my opinion due to this feat. missing. Theres the option of connecting permantly AC so this is not an issue.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Late activation and recording on Tapo c420
2023-09-20 08:12:21

@Danieldyrg 

Hi,
For the sake of power saving, the Tapo C420 is usually in a sleep state (low power consumption) when no event is detected. When a motion or movement enters the field of view, the camera will be woken up first and then start to record video, thus the beginning of the motion/movement may not be recorded. The distance between the motion and the camera and the position of the camera may be also related to the issue, for example, if the objects moving directly towards the camera, due to the mechanism of the camera's PIR sensors, it may not be woken up.
You can refer to this FAQ to see how the battery camera/doorbell is woken up.

For your issue, would you please help collect the following video recordings and send me a link via private message to download the videos for further analysis?
1) Download the video recordings which has the problem you report.
2) Go to the Live View page of the camera and record the video manually when the same movement occurs.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 471

Replies: 1

Related Articles