Activity zones image never updated!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-18 11:47:41 - last edited 2023-10-24 08:24:29
Model: Tapo C110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The image preview in Camera settings > Detection > Motion Detection > Activity Zones always shows an old/outdated still image captured many days ago. Judging by the timestamp, it looks like the camera remembers the image captured the first time motion detection was activated, forever or until the camera is reset. If I move the camera I cannot set new activity zones because I can't see what the camera sees. The app should automatically update this image when the activity zones page is accessed.

Edit: I just discovered a workaround. Go to the Cameras tab, then tap the "Play" button for the camera whose thumbnail preview you want to update. After doing this, the still image will be updated in the Activity Zones page too. This really should happen automatically when the Activity Zones page is opened. Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Activity zones image never updated!-Solution
2023-10-24 08:24:20 - last edited 2023-10-24 08:24:29

@RandyAndy 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your case report and shared solution:
"I just discovered a workaround. Go to the Cameras tab, then tap the "Play" button for the camera whose thumbnail preview you want to update. After doing this, the still image will be updated in the Activity Zones page too. This really should happen automatically when the Activity Zones page is opened."

I have forwarded this case to the related team to locate and solve the issue, and we are working on it. The problem will be solved via app updates, please wait patiently for the new app.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Activity zones image never updated!-Solution
2023-10-24 08:24:20 - last edited 2023-10-24 08:24:29

@RandyAndy 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your case report and shared solution:
"I just discovered a workaround. Go to the Cameras tab, then tap the "Play" button for the camera whose thumbnail preview you want to update. After doing this, the still image will be updated in the Activity Zones page too. This really should happen automatically when the Activity Zones page is opened."

I have forwarded this case to the related team to locate and solve the issue, and we are working on it. The problem will be solved via app updates, please wait patiently for the new app.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 392

Replies: 1

Related Articles