Is Wifi a must?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is Wifi a must?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Is Wifi a must?
Is Wifi a must?
2023-10-29 06:03:10 - last edited 2023-10-30 07:27:50
Model: Tapo RV30 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

May I know if the RV30 Plus needs to be connected to the Wifi while it is cleaning and moving around the house? There are several wifi dead zones (e.g. my phone can't be connected to the Wifi in these areas) in my house, and I'm wondering if the RV30 Plus will just stop working when it moves to the dead zones, or it won't clean when it's in the zones.

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is Wifi a must?
2023-10-30 07:34:44

@lancer6238 

When the robot vacuum is performing its initial cleaning and mapping, it's important to ensure a stable and strong network connection to avoid any interference with the mapping process.

Once the robot vacuum has completed its mapping, it can still operate in areas with poor or no WiFi signal coverage. After it finishes cleaning in such areas and moves back to an area with WiFi signal, it will reconnect to WiFi.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options