C310 person detection not detecting at night since kasa and Tapo app merge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-06 09:52:58
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.7

My Tapo C310 camera has been working fine until the the kasa and Tapo apps merged. I have several smart switches which were controlled on the kasa app and a single camera on the Tapo app. It great that they can all be managed on the single Tapo app now, but the camera now doesn't detect persons in the dark. I've checked schedules and settings and nothing is different from before the merge/update. The camera position hasn't changed. I've rebooted the camera and still no better. Some advise would be appreciated please!

Options
1 Reply
Re:C310 person detection not detecting at night since kasa and Tapo app merge
2023-11-07 08:12:18 - last edited 2023-11-07 08:13:17

@Edmonton501 

Hi, 
Please help confirm the following information about your issue.
1. Please confirm if the Person Detection option is turned on at night, and you can go to the camera's Device Settings>Detection page to confirm.

2. Does the camera work in the Night Mode at night? Usually, you can select the Day, Night, or Auto mode on the camera's Live View page.

3. How far between the person and the camera when it can't detect the person? 
Can you help record the video on the camera's Live View page manually when a person moves in front of the camera at night to show the problem? If so, you can upload the video to your cloud server(such as Google Drive) and generate a link, then send me the link via private message to download the video for further analysis.

Best Regards

Options