switching automatically to Away mode when you leave your home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-14 14:56:43
Tags: #Home/Away Mode #automatic arming/desrarming
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi guys,

all is in the title. is the C200 capable of switching automatically from home mode to away mode when i leave my place and vice versa? that is a must according to me, so i do not have to worry about arming/ desarming the system. thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:switching automatically to Away mode when you leave your home
2023-11-15 08:08:09

@julo49 

Hi,
Currently, Tapo C200 does not support this feature, and it's suggested to vote on this thread "Home/Away Mode Shortcut/Automation Support" or leave your comments. We will keep logging the feature request and forward it to the relevant team to evaluate.
Best Regards

Options
2023-12-01 18:38:34 - last edited 2023-12-01 18:39:07

@Solla-topee 

The problem with the approach in that thread is that there is a security issue - a burglar could just ask your Alexa to switch to home mode.

A better approach would be to automatically switch mode based on your device attaching to your home WiFi, as I outline in this post  https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/644420

We just need Taop to enable mode switching via secure API and it will be easy. The added benefit is that you don't even need to remember to ask Alexa to switch mode!

Let's get some momentum on this feature request!!

Options
2023-12-02 13:47:48

@Joroho

thanks for the idea. looks great. that would be a nice feature to have this working. no hassle to take your phone when you leave and when you get back home  

Options
2023-12-05 10:45:59

@Joroho @julo49 
Hi, 
Currently, there is no plan to open API to third-party services to ensure the stable performance of our cloud server and a good experience for users when using the cloud service. 
Thank you very much for your feedback and suggestions here, I'll log them and then forward them to the related team to evaluate and continuously improve our products.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support!
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 592

Replies: 4

Tags

Home/Away Mode
automatic arming/desrarming
Related Articles