DDNS address for C320WS (for Synology Support)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-17 09:15:18
Tags: #Motion Detection #Synology
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

Hello,

i have the problem, that my Synology NAS App "Surveillance Station" does not record "Line-Crossing-Movement" Events. It only records "normal" Movement Events.

Regular movements are recorded on my NAS, but movements recognized with the "Line-Crossing" Feature are NOT recorded with the Synologie NAS. The Cam records every movement, but the NAS only records the "regular movements". So either the C320WS does not pass the "Line-Crossing" as movement to the Synology Surveillance Station oder the Synology App does not know, how to handle the "Line Crossing Movement Detection".

I talked to the Synologie Stuff and they want to look deeper into it.

They ask for the cams DDNS address, Username and Password.

Is it possible to access the C320WS without app, just with a DDNS address + Username/Password, so that Synology can look into this problem?

Thanks in advance.

sue1

---

For those with similar problems (like https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/586912)

When i use the "normal" Movement Detection, the cam and the Synology NAS record both the same Movements.

When i use the "Line-Crossing" Detection, only the C320WS records Movements. The NAS does not record Movements.

Options
4 Reply
Re:DDNS address for C320WS (for Synology Support)
2023-11-21 09:57:31

@sue1 

Still no answer. So i guess, it is not possible to access any Tapo C320WS via Web-Browser, so that Synology can look into the problem, with not recorded "Line-Movement"?

You can only administer and configure the cams with the Tapo app?

Options
2023-11-21 11:07:08 - last edited 2023-11-21 11:08:22

@sue1 

Hi,
The Tapo C320WS supports RTSP/ONVIF(Profile S) protocols, so you can stream the camera with the Synology NAS App if it also supports the same protocols. We do not provide other methods to access the camera except for the Tapo app for security considerations.

If the Synology support requests to stream the camera remotely via the Synology NAS App:
1) You need to open port 554(port for RTSP protocol) or 2020(port for ONVIF protocol) on your router for the camera.
2) The DDNS domain name is related to your router settings rather than the camera. Here we take the TP-Link router as an example: How to set up TP-LINK DDNS on TP-Link Wireless Router?
3) The username & Password is the camera account you configured on the Tapo app>Device Settings>Advanced Settings>Camera Account page. (Note: considering your privacy and information security, we do not recommend sharing your camera account with other people since they may be able to watch your camera.)

Best Regards

Options
2023-11-21 11:34:21 - last edited 2023-11-21 11:46:20

@sue1 Thank you for your relpy.

The Tapo Cams work fine with the Synology NAS and everything ist streamed and recorded perfectly fine.

Except, when i change the Motion Detection from "Movement Detection" to "Line Crossing" Detection. The "Line-Crossing" Detection is only recorded at the C320WS Camera, not on the Synology NAS. This is, what the Synology Stuff wants to analyze.

So if i switch the Motion Detection Type from "Motion Detection" to "Line Crossing" Detecion, the Synology NAS does not record Motions. (The cams record this type of motion.)

I will try to give them access to the cams.

Best regards, sue1

Options
2023-11-23 09:29:06

@sue1  Feel free to update this thread if there are any updates~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 434

Replies: 4

Tags

Related Articles