Issues with TP-Link C420S2 Camera Hub

2023-11-25 09:59:15
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.23

I am reaching out for assistance with an issue I am experiencing with my TP-Link C420S2 camera setup.

I have purchased 3 set consisting of three hubs and six cameras.

Currently, I have installed four cameras on one hub equipped with a 256 GB SD card and two cameras on another hub, also with a 256 GB card. The hub with four cameras has is running firmware version 1.2.23.build 20231012 rel. 49638.

The issue arises as follows: When all cameras are active and no recording has been stored, I can navigate the hub's functions and access SD card information without any problems. However, as soon as there is recorded footage stored on the hub, it becomes unresponsive, especially when attempting to access the MICRO-SD card information.

Additionally, sometimes the hub with four cameras goes completely dark, showing all cameras as offline. A restart of the hub is required to resolve this, albeit temporarily.

The second hub set up for two cameras appears to be working perfectly. Initially suspecting an SD card issue, I swapped the cards between the hubs, but the problem persists on the hub with four cameras.

I have now enabled diagnostics on the device.

Is this a known issue within your support team? Could you please provide guidance or a solution to resolve these operational challenges?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

Morten

Options
1 Reply
Re:Issues with TP-Link C420S2 Camera Hub
2023-11-27 08:08:40

@Fjelle123 

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information about the reported issue.
1. What's the model number and format of the microSD card used on the Tapo H200?

2. For the four cameras that are connected to the same hub, how often does a camera save recordings?

3. Is it possible to connect two cameras to each hub to make a comparison?

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 212

Replies: 1

Related Articles