The motion detection distance of the Tapo C400 camera is small

2023-11-29 06:04:24
Model: Tapo C400S2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.12

I am writing the text in an attachment, but I cannot insert the translator's text here.

File:
I bought a Tapo C400S2 V1.docxDownload
Options
12 Reply
Re:The motion detection distance of the Tapo C400 camera is small
2023-11-29 06:07:43

@Atti64 

I bought a Tapo C400S2 V1.0 camera set.

I tried it yesterday.

Based on the description, I first installed the Hub.

After that, I paired the two cameras to the Hub one by one.

I use the same settings for both cameras.

Firmware version: 1.0.12

- Remote mode

- Detection:

- Motion detection: sensitivity 8

- Person perception: sensitivity 8

- Wake sensitivity: 10

- Recording Micro SD card

- Night mode: Far away

Motion detection works well on one of the cameras.

On the other camera, the motion detection is only approx. Works within 1.5 meters. The camera does not detect movement beyond a distance of 1.5 meters.

I reinstalled the whole system.

I deleted cameras and took the battery out of them.

I reset the hub and reinstalled it.

I paired cameras individually to the hub.

Settings are the same for both cameras, as I wrote before.

My first camera works fine.

My second camera's motion detection is only within 1.5 meters. It does not detect movement beyond 1.5 meters.

Is there a way to make my second camera detect further movements?

Can you help me?

Options
2023-11-30 06:13:07

@Atti64 

Hi, 
Please help confirm the following information about the problematic Tapo C400.
1. How do you test if the camera can't detect movement beyond 1.5 meters, for example, can't receive motion-detected notification, can't receive alarms, or can't see the detection video clips? 
Please try to enable the Alarm feature on the camera's Device Settings>Alarm page, and then check if the camera will alarm when a motion is in front of the camera beyond 1.5 meters.

2. Please ensure the movement is across the camera's lens rather than moving directly towards the camera, since the camera may not detect objects moving directly towards it to some extent due to the mechanism of the PIR sensors.
You can refer to the link to learn more information about the camera: What is the Wake-up Sensitivity of my battery camera/doorbell?

Best Regards

Options
2023-11-30 07:48:28

@Solla-topee 

The test took place in the following picture.
I installed the Hub.
I paired both cameras with the hub.
I use the described settings on both cameras.
I placed the two cameras.
I walked in front of both cameras and on camera number 1 I saw the green light was on, it sent the notification and the alarm went off.
Camera #2 did not respond to motion.
I walked closer and closer in front of him, and when I walked 1.5 meters away, the green light started to light up in front of him, he sent the notification and the alarm sounded.
Now I put the two cameras next to each other. Their direction and angle of inclination are also the same.
The alarm function is activated for both cameras.
Camera number 1 gives an alarm if I walk at about a right angle in front of them, camera number 2 does not give an alarm.
Camera No. 2 only alarms when approx. I walk 1.5 meters or closer in front of the camera.
I already deleted the cameras from the hub, reset the Hub, removed the battery from the cameras, and then reinstalled everything. The result is the same as I described.

Options
2023-11-30 10:51:20

@Atti64 

Hi
We have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.
Best Regards

Options
2023-12-01 12:45:30

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for the help!
Tp-Link contacted me.

Options
2023-12-04 07:49:16

@Atti64  You are welcome! smiley

Options
2024-03-07 19:32:17

@Solla-topee I too have exactly the same problem with both of my cameras, neither of them are recording event, I have deleted, reset, reinstalled the cameras more times than I can count in an effort to solve the problem, I have also tried all the things suggested in these messages. All settings are set to the most sensitive but still things happen and are missed by the cameras or partially recorded. Could I have some help please

Options
2024-03-08 09:24:25

@Mellodello 

Hi,
We need more detailed information to locate the problem, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. Go to the camera's Detection page, take a picture of this page, and send it to me. 
2. Send me the screenshots of the enabled detection type pages. Confirm the wake-up sensitivity.
3. If you have enabled the Notifications feature, send me a picture of it, and confirm if you receive a notification when an event happens in front of the camera.
You can go to the app>home>tap the bell icon at the top right corner>click on your camera to see the received notifications.
4. On the camera's Live View page, please record the event manually that can't trigger the camera to detect or record, and then send me the video clip.
Best Regards

Options
2024-03-12 18:33:23
Hi Thank you for the reply. I will send the details you have requested in the next couple of days. Regards
Options
2024-03-20 19:09:21

@Solla-topee Hi attached should be all the information you requested.  There has been a delay because I have carried out a small experiment, by placing my C400 next to my C500 and compared the different results, which I have also attached. I have also attached two recordings one from one of my C400's and the other from a C500.

I look forward to your observations and help. The C400's were purchased on 27/01/2024 and so far have been a complete disapointment and if we cannot resolve the problems I would like a full refund.

Regards

File:
IMG_8652.PNGDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1173

Replies: 12

Related Articles