Camera connection

Camera connection

Camera connection
Camera connection
2023-12-06 19:30:53

Trying to connect a camera which was working perfectly beofre it was "improved". I am using  a Galaxy phone and a wireless (dongle) for an  internet connection.

The problem

The phone connects to the camera but then will not connect to the internet as the camera has disconnected the inernet connection?"

Options
9 Reply
Re:Camera connection
2023-12-07 08:37:40

@Maxuk2 

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information about the reported issue.

1. What's the model number and MAC address of your Tapo Camera? 

2. Do you have a wireless router that provides a Wi-Fi network to your phone and camera?

3. What's the LED status on the camera, such as blink green and red, flash red, etc.?

4. Are you connected to the camera's default SSID on your phone during the setup process and see the message that the phone has no internet access?

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-07 13:01:27

@Solla-topee 

Hello Thank yuou for your respionse. I think it it a Tapo 310 No Idea what a MAC number. The phone uses either ee or giff gaff( Dual Sim). The internet is provded via a wireless dongle.

The camera does the sert up green and red setting light.

The camera readily connects to the phone. But asks for internet connection. I go to settings and connect internet, then the camers disconnects.

Options
2023-12-08 06:16:32

@Maxuk2 

Hi,
To set up the security Wi-Fi camera Tapo C310, generally, you should have a phone, a Wi-Fi network(usually provided by a router) that provides internet access, and a camera.

When the LED on the camera is flashing green and red, which means that the camera is ready to be configured, you can refer to the below instructions to configure the camera.
Tapo Smart Camera Unboxing and Setup Video Tapo C310&C320WS&TC65

The camera will broadcast a default SSID, however, you don't need to connect to it before the setup process, and the above instructions will show you the step where you need to connect to the camera's SSID.

Please send me a picture of the page that asks for the internet connection if you fail to set up the camera and describe your setup steps in detail.

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-08 10:46:08

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for your help.

I have done the set up and as I said it was working fine before. I think that maybe it is the phone rather than the camera. The problem is that after resetting the camera, the phone finds the camera, but then asks for an internet connection, when I connect to the internet the camera disconnects. 

After some searching I think maybe if I use the hot spot connection on the phone it will allow more than one connection to the phone. I am. not at the camera location until next week (the whole point of the camera was to monitor the property while I am not there)  . If the hot spot idea does not work I will post a photo as you suggest.

kindest regards

Options
2023-12-08 11:03:55

@Maxuk2 

Hi, 
If you want to connect the Tapo camera to a hotspot Wi-Fi from your phone, it's suggested to use a different phone to configure the camera.

Usually, after the camera is configured successfully and you have set up the detection and storage feature properly, the camera can keep monitoring the property and store video recordings to the inserted SD card even if it loses internet connection, but the features need the internet access, such as notification feature, won't work anymore.

Please feel free to update the thread if you need further help.

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-22 14:06:48

@Maxuk2 

Hello Stil can;t connect to the internet. Phone connects to the camera and then asks for aninternet connection , Connect to the internet dongle and it disconnects the camera

Options
2023-12-25 07:00:59

@Maxuk2 

Hi,
Does the internet dongle provide you with a Wi-Fi network to connect and go to the internet? If so, please write down the Wi-Fi name and password.

If the camera has a flashing green and red light, refer to the link below to set it up on your phone, if it does not have a flashing green and red light, reset it to factory default settings via the reset button.
How to reset my Tapo camera?
How to set up the Tapo camera?

There is a step to connect the camera to the Wi-Fi networks from the internet dongle when configuring the camera, in this step, you will find the dongle's Wi-Fi name on the Tapo app, and you need to enter the password to connect the camera to it.

If you have any issues when configuring the camera refer to the above instructions, please send me a picture of the error message on the Tapo app.

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-27 14:57:44

@Solla-topee 

Hello thank yuo for you help

I have managed to connect it now. I had done all you suggest and it would not connect. I tried so many times in the end it just started working anyway. Although it will not connect to another phone. On an extra phone it does the same thing, the phone finds the camera and then asks for a connection to the wifi ( via dongle) go to connect to the internet and it cuts the camera.

Options
2023-12-28 07:04:37

@Maxuk2 

Hi,
To confirm if the camera Tapo C310 is configured successfully, you can check the system LED status. (You can refer to the UG to see which LED is the system LED.)
If the LED is solid green, it means the camera is working fine, and you can manage it on a different phone if you have logged in to the Tapo app with the owner account.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 296

Replies: 9

Related Articles