tapo c220 keeps disconnecting(going offline)

tapo c220 keeps disconnecting(going offline)

49 Reply
Re:tapo c220 keeps disconnecting(going offline)
2024-01-26 13:37:23

@Solla-topee I faced the same problem.Are you trying to figure out what the reason is?

Options
2024-01-26 22:44:29

@Maxim_  I've "tested" 2 beta firmware versions and after all this time they decided to replace my camera with a new one.

Now, I'm thinking to update my second camera from 1.05 to the latest firmware... just to prove that itcs the firmware and not the camera... but I think I do not have the necessary energy to go through the same stept again to get that one replaced as well..

I guess we will never make them admit there is a problem with the latest firmware or the device

Options
2024-01-27 06:11:27

@Mihai_S my case is becoming weirder, the LED status is blinking red (which indicates the camera is connecting to the network) blinks for all day, but I still can access the cam both local and remote. I've replaced the C220 position with the C212 (Wi-Fi setup), the C212 LED also blinking red but it doesn't go offline.
There might be some problem with the camera itself, I tried to change the router but with no success, still offline after 3-4 days working.
But...
I've set static IP by DHCP Binding on my router, still waiting for the result if it is going to be offline anymore, it has been working well for 3 days since I set the static IP. Gonna wait for at least 2 weeks!
If will reply if there is any update.

Have a nice day.

Options
2024-01-28 05:55:29 - last edited 2024-01-28 05:57:18

We need a way to downgrade firmware.

Both version has the same issue.

Options
2024-01-28 08:38:26

@Solla-topee 

I also have the same issues with both my Tapo C220 Camera, I have a 6 camera setup at my home 2 C320WS, 2 C210 and 2 C220. Only the C220's have this weird problem while the others are working like a charm. i have to manually reset them or disconnect them from power supply and connect back to get it work again. This is completely frustrating as i was not able to use the camera at some critical times where it is needed. 

Network:

• All of the 6 cameras are directly connected to WiFi (2.4Ghz). No obstacles in between router and cameras.
  • Camera Versions (Both Cameras): HW Ver - v1.0, Firmware Version - 1.1.6 Build 231208 Rel 66881n

From the review on both amazon, tplink community and others, i can clearly understand that this is a common problem with this version where almost all the users are facing. Kindly provide a solution to this.

Options
2024-01-29 11:54:39

@VictorVincent  @PL_H  @Maxim_ 
Hi,
Thank you for the case report, in order to locate the problem soon, please help confirm the following information.

1. Please describe your network diagram in detail, such as the internet cable--wireless router)))(((Tapo Camera, phones, etc.
What's the model number of your router?

2. When the Tapo C220 is working, please go to its Device Settings>Device Info page, tap the Wi-Fi icon, and send us the Wi-Fi signal value.

3. Confirm the LED status on the camera when it shows offline on the Tapo app.

4. Try to swap the locations of the Tapo C220 and other working cameras if there is one.

5. How often the problem occurs? How do you get the camera back online after it shows offline on the Tapo app?

Here is a tip that you can try to add an address reservation entry for the Tapo C220 on your router, then check if the camera will work fine.
Take the TP-Link router as an example: How to configure Address Reservation on Wi-Fi Routers?

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-30 05:19:17 - last edited 2024-01-30 05:20:05

Guys sadly the C220 still goes offline even when static IP is configured on the router sad
- The engineer of TP-Link pushed to my C220 a downgrade firmware, but it is the 1.1.4 not the 1.0.10 or lower that I expected. Still waiting for their advice or another older firmware.
- I did contact with my local TP-Link store, they said I would try to remove the microSD card and wait if the problem occurs again, but still the same result of going offline after 2 days. 
- I replaced the position of the C220 with the C212 (Wi-Fi setup) but reversely the C212 works perfectly without any connection issues. (tested for 2 weeks)
- I also connect the camera to another router with different Network Provider (Viettel, the previous was VNPT) as it is common that VNPT router usually blocks IP camera in Vietnam. But the camera still going offline after 1 or 2 days.
The LED status still showing green if the camera is offline!

In-app picture:

The app states the camera is offline, I tried to refresh, close and re-open the app but still get the same result.

1.0.5 and 1.0.10 are the most stable C220 firmware.
@Solla-topee Please let me know if there is still a solution to this! Thanks!

Options
2024-01-30 12:06:56

@NguyenKhoi 

Hi,
I see our tech team is following up on your case via email(TKID240106871), and it's recommended to reply that email directly if your case has any updates, and our tech team will help to locate and solve the problem.
Best Regards

Options
2024-01-30 12:18:23

@Solla-topee they just pushed to my C220 a new beta firmware, I'm surprised that they can make 2 firmwares in just a day!
I will reply in the ticket and here to let other users know if the issue is solved or not.
Big thanks for you who open the ticket to assist me and for the TP-Link engineer!

Options
2024-01-31 09:11:06

@NguyenKhoi  Thank you for your cooperation~

Options
Related Articles