Wrong presentation time stamp from RTSP stream.

2023-12-13 08:58:01 - last edited 2023-12-14 07:29:51
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

Hi guys,

I am reading RTSP stream from camera, using live555. The problem is that after synchronization via RTCP,  the SR data packet received contains wrong date and time. It points to 2036-02-08 12:17:11. The time shown on the images from camera is correct. So I don't know how to solve this problem. Can someone assist me please?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Wrong presentation time stamp from RTSP stream.
2023-12-14 07:28:09

@Wodzu 

Hi,
After you connect to the Tapo C200 successfully on your live555 via RTSP stream, are the time and date of the Tapo C200 showing on the Tapo app>camera's Live View page correct? Or do you mean on the live555, the camera's time and date show correctly but not on the Tapo app?

If you disconnect the Tapo C200 to the live555 or view the camera via RTSP stream with the iSpy/VLC app, whether the time and date showing on the Tapo app correct?
How can I view my Tapo camera on PC through the RTSP stream?

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-15 14:39:10

@Solla-topee 

Hi, thank you for your interest.

After you connect to the Tapo C200 successfully on your live555 via RTSP stream, are the time and date of the Tapo C200 showing on the Tapo app>camera's Live View page correct?

YES

Or do you mean on the live555, the camera's time and date show correctly but not on the Tapo app?

live555 is a library to receive a RTSP stream that camera sends. In that stream there is an information about presentation time. That presentation time should be equal to the time displayed on the overlay from camera, but it is not. The time is incorrect, it shows me year 2036. That means, the camera itself must have a bug in its software which does not send the correct time.

If you disconnect the Tapo C200 to the live555 or view the camera via RTSP stream with the iSpy/VLC app, whether the time and date showing on the Tapo app correct?

Receiving RTSP stream from the camera has no impact on the on-display time presented in the Tap app.

Camera does not send a correct SR packet: read more details here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc3550#section-6.4.1

That packet, should contain a NTP timestamp, which should be the same as the one which we see in the upper left corner in the tapo app.

Options
2023-12-18 08:30:19

@Wodzu 

Hi,

I have reported the case to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-18 09:18:28

@Solla-topee 

Hi, that is very kind of you, thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 234

Replies: 4

Related Articles