Tapo D230S1 doorbell question

2023-12-14 12:59:19 - last edited 2023-12-14 13:17:12
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.12
Installed the doorbell yesterday and I have a question about using it in combination with the Android app.

I would like movements to be recorded as soon as they occur within the garden, but I do not need to receive a push notification.
However, if I turn off push notifications, I no longer receive a notification when the bell is pressed, which is exactly what I want, because that is why I purchased the bell.

So only a push notification when the doorbell rings and all other detections only recording. A standard option on Ring, Eufi and other doorbells. But on tapo it seems not possible to turn off push notifications for motion detection, but still record and at the same time receive push notifications when doorbell is pressed. 
Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo D230S1 doorbell question
2023-12-15 06:37:19

@Jan1978 

Hi,
The feature you want can be achieved via Smart Action(Automation) 2.0.
Smart Action 2.0: Unlock Next-Level Smart Home Automation

With Smart Action 2.0, you can turn off the Notification feature on the D230's Device Settings>Notifications page, then refer to the link below to create an Automation entry.
How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices?
Trigger: Doorbell Is Pressed
Action: Send Me Notifications(You can enter the message for your notification)

Best Regards

Options
Re:Tapo D230S1 doorbell question
2023-12-15 07:48:15

@Solla-topee 

Thanks, but it don´t matter anymore.

Due to the very unhelpful reaction of the dutch customer service (almost rude) I decided to return the Tapo and bought myself an Eufy, where this kind of settings are working just out of the box.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 606

Replies: 2

Related Articles