Another bitrate thread. Is there any fix coming? C310

Another bitrate thread. Is there any fix coming? C310

13 Reply
Re:Another bitrate thread. Is there any fix coming? C310
2024-02-19 11:31:12
The bandwidth is terrible and I can only assume that it has everything to do with conserving cloud storage as that's where the subscription $$$'s are . I use a TP Link EAP225 - excellent results from the 2.4 band - download 24.3Mbps and 18.6Mbps upload at the camera location. I have no use for cloud storage and prefer to use Synology NAS. The Bit Rate hovers between 700Kbps and 1300Kbps at 15FPS so not exactly overloading the system!!. The suggestion made to myself was to use an antenna gain aerial but if the camera software/hardware is deliberately crippled then this would make no difference. I'll keep the C310 as a spare but will definitely be looking for something to replace it with. A sad situation as I've used TP Link products for xx years.
Options
2024-03-04 09:42:50

Obviously a fix is not coming and radio silence from TP Link - yes I did send them a note but no response so this unit is being returned. Whilst 15FPS may be acceptable but with a Bit Rate hovering between 800 - 1200 then it's frankly no good. It doesn't make any difference whether I access the feed from the Tapo app or my NAS system with the app disabled.

I have another camera (from a different manufacturer)  operating on the wi-fi system that manages 25FPS and a constant Bit Rate close to 4000Kbps. Thought at first that this unit may be hogging the bandwidth so disconnected it - made no difference. The C310 is receiving an excellent signal from the external antenna and measuring the signal quality from the Tapo - that is also good.

So obviously TP Link or whoever makes them have the system 'crippled' and I will not be buying another unit from them. Consider me a customer lost not that I will be noticed as I've wasted more than enough time trying to sort this out.

Options
2024-05-21 11:51:55

@Tormodnt 

Hello

Well, a couple of months ago I bought 2 Tapo C310 to replace my old low price & no name chinese cams.

I did not get the time to test them, this is my biggest mistake. Why ?

Because the video compression is far too high and made them useless.

With my old chinese no name IP cams which are 1080 definition, license plate as well as human faces at easily recognizable at more than 5m distance. With the Tapo C310 : forget about this !

Cams are RJ45 connected to my network and well settled to 2K but no possibility to adjust the compression rate and this is the point.

I am disappointed and as I said, too late now to get them back to the seller... I will buy new cameras but for sure not TAPO / TP-Link !

KR

Stephane

Options
Related Articles