Yet another C200 delayed notification thread

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-15 11:01:54
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.17

C200 - V1

Firmware 1.0.17

App V 2.2.44

Phone- Samsung Galaxy A70

Android 10

Hello. The camera notification seemed to work fine until I updated the firmware last week.

I also updated the phone on the same day.  As such, I do not know which update has caused the problem, but I suspect from reading others problems, your app does not work correctly with android 10, among others.

If my phone is not being actively used, notifications do not come through until the phone is taken out of the lock screen, when I may get one notification tone and numerous notifications.  I can walk in to my home, passing the camera maybe 50 times whilst I cook dinner, and only when i sit down and take the phone out of lock screen, do I get the notifications for the past hour, in one go.

I can walk around and it will notify once a minute if I leave the phone home screen showing.  As soon as I apply lock screen, it stops, after maybe one or two notifications.

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to realise there is a connection between the screen being locked and notifications not chiming or coming through.

Please don't ask me to go through all the suggestions you've given to everyone. I have read lots of threads, here and all over the 'net and tried many if not all.

I've stopped any battery saving, allowed tapo to notify even on "do not disturb".

I've tried wifi and phone signal, wifi only, phone signal only.  All notifications in Tapo are ON.  I've tried the samsung "always on display" in all it's settings.

I have probably wasted 8 hours over the past two days trying to find a solution.

If a thief broke in, they could empty the place, sell the house, fly to Spain and be sitting on a beach drinking cocktails before I would get a notification.

Essentially it is not fit for the purpose it was bought for.  If I hadn't got it off Amazon, I would bring it back to the shop and order a non-branded Chinese camera, rather than the branded one that I thought might just work a little better or at least have decent support.

Please stop asking customers to change their use of their phones, to suit your app, (even though it still doesn't work).

Change your app to suit your customers, before they become former customers.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Yet another C200 delayed notification thread
2021-03-23 00:51:58 - last edited 2021-03-23 00:58:25

@Solla-topee

Is there any chance of this common issue being resolved in the next few weeks?

It seems not much has progressed in the past 7 or 8 months.

Please let me know before I throw the C200 in the bin and buy a different camera that may actually work.

I have tried the recent suggestion of re-booting the camera, numerous times,

I have to force stop the app on an almost daily basis as it never wants to come out of privacy mode.

The more I think of all the problems with this thing and the hours I have wasted trying to get it to work properly, I wish I had never seen the thing on Amazon.

I doubt my review will be very positive! 

Thank you.

Options
Re:Yet another C200 delayed notification thread
2021-03-23 02:05:59 - last edited 2021-03-24 01:56:39

@Sean05 Hello, 

Thank you for your detailed information and valuable feedback. As far I as I know, our team is still working on the new app, testing and adjusting the beta app now, and it may take several weeks or few months. If there's any newer app available I will update on this thread and other related threads. 

Please kindly wait for the update, thank you for your patience. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 395

Replies: 2

Related Articles