Tapo c420 stopped responding, and now doesn't record motion after reset finally succeeded

Tapo c420 stopped responding, and now doesn't record motion after reset finally succeeded

2024-01-08 22:11:38
Model: Tapo C420S1  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.14 build 20230829 rel.65193

I've been running 7 c420 cameras split on 2 hubs for some months without problems.

Suddenly one of the cameras "died". I tried resetting it without any luck a couple of times.

Finally reset succeeded, but it died a 2 times more after a couple of hours function. After another reset the camera now runs again.

But after it died the first time it hasn't recorded any motions - another reset hasn't changed this.

I've also tried rebooting both camera and hub a couple of times, as well formattet the hub memory card. The other cameras on the same hub records fine.

I've double checked the detection settings as well as recording settings + flipping them on/off and changing varius parameters multiple times.

I see there is a new firmware rolling out, 1.2.15, which 2 of the other cameras has got - any chance the firmware update will fix the recording problem? If not, what else can be done? Would you expect this to be a software, firmware or hardware issue? Please advice.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo c420 stopped responding, and now doesn't record motion after reset finally succeeded
2024-01-09 11:14:37

@Michael12 

Hi,
It's hard to say where is the issue now on the specific Tapo C420, please help confirm the following information for the reported case first.
1. Please send me a picture of the camera's Device Settings>Detection page, and a picture of the Motion Detection page.
2. Send me the pictures of the camera's Device Settings>Notifications page and Alarm page.
3. Send me the pictures of the camera's Device Settings>Storage & Recording page and the Recording Schedule page.
4. When someone moves in front of the specific camera, can you see motion/person-detected notifications for the specific camera on the Tapo app>Bell icon at the top right corner?

Best Regards

Options
Re:Tapo c420 stopped responding, and now doesn't record motion after reset finally succeeded
2024-01-09 21:58:49

@Solla-topee sure - please see the following pictures, and for your question 4) no, only about battery level stuff - what could be next step?

Options
2024-01-10 09:01:08

@Michael12 

Hi,
Thank you for the detailed info, and your camera's settings seem correct. I have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will contact you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 218

Replies: 3

Related Articles