Cold weather performance

Cold weather performance
Cold weather performance
2024-01-10 04:44:53
Tags: #cold weather
Model: Tapo C520WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

Hey, I have 2 x C520WS installed here in Alberta, Canada where it has been minus 15 degrees Celsius. This has caused both cameras to freeze up so they can only TILT but not PAN. 

Anyone else had similair issues? 

Options
7 Reply
Re:Cold weather performance
2024-01-11 07:38:47

@Contraband 

Hi,
The Tapo C520WS's operating temperature range is -30℃~60℃, so it can work under -15℃ temperature usually.
It is recommended to check the working environment of the camera, such as whether it is outdoors in a place where it will be exposed to rain or snow. There may be water on the camera that has been frozen into ice, causing the camera to be unable to pan. If possible, it is recommended to pan the camera manually to see if it is OK.
Best Regards

Options
2024-01-12 16:37:15
My c310 work in -34 celcius without anny issues
Options
2024-01-12 16:42:39

@Martinsa your camera isn't a PTZ. 

Options
2024-01-12 16:45:46

@Solla-topee 

from what I can determine, due to its flat top design, snow accumulates on the top, then melts as the sun warms it, this drips down the sides and freezes on the parts that are in the shade. 
Might be time for a design rethink?

Options
2024-01-16 12:20:21

@Contraband 

Hi,
Thank you very much for the description of your usage scenario and the suggestions. I'll log it and forward it to the team to evaluate.
In your situation, it is recommended to reinstall the camera in a different location if possible.
Best Regards

Options
a week ago

The Tapo C520WS impresses with its wide operating temperature range of -30℃ to 60℃, making it suitable for harsh winter conditions. However, users should remain cautious in extreme weather like snow or rain, as water accumulation may affect camera movement. Manual panning is advised to assess functionality. Despite this, the Tapo C520WS stands out as a resilient option for outdoor surveillance needs, offering reliability even amidst challenging winter environments. Whether for security or monitoring purposes, the Tapo C520WS ensures peace of mind, providing a seamless experience through the winter months with its compatibility with Winter Memories Android.

Options
a week ago

@Leona580 

Tell me youre an AI chatbot without telling me youre an AI chatbot....

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 302

Replies: 7

Tags

cold weather
Related Articles