C500 download issue and general suggestions

2024-01-13 08:36:46 - last edited 2024-01-15 06:37:03
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

Having only just received our camera, I have to say I am impressed with the quality and features so far. However I am having an issue downloading footage.

For some reason whenever I try and download footage it states I am not on the same network, even though I am. How can this be resolved please?

Suggested improvements:

Privacy zone - I found this feature a nightmare to configure,  for some reason I was only presented with a static image to work from. That image being my carpet where I was testing it out an hour before.

Why does the software not show a live feed or at least a snapshot of the current image when using this feature? I have noticed the image shown has updated, but still not the actual live scene!

Setting the zones is easy enough, having 4 zones being able to be set at once. However these zone are not useful as you have to use right angled shapes to define a zone. This is just not practical, you need to be able to free form your zones. (Like in Ring devices, example attached) And not be stuck with creating boxed zones.

Pan & Tilt:

This is releated to privacy zones. Due to the camera being able to pan and tilt, privacy zones should be linked to a preset personal angle. Once the camera moves, the privacy zones should switch off until you hit your preset button.

Downloading footage:

You need to be able to do this regardless of whether you are in the property or not, and not be limited to sitting on your sofa.

Side note, the Tapo C500 does not appear in the Model section when posting support. 

Thanks for reading. 🙂

File:
Screenshot_20240113_081715_Ring.jpgDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:C500 download issue and general suggestions
2024-01-15 06:52:48

@JAy3k1 

Hi,
1. Thank you for your feedback here, while we don't have any specific details that I can share about if these features can come to the product or when they might, I'll log the feature request and pass them along to the team to evaluate.

2. If you are reminded not on the same network when downloading the video recordings from the SD card while your phone and the camera are on the same network, please confirm:
1) if your phone and the camera connect to the same Wi-Fi.
2) If you're using VPN or VPN-based ad-blocking software. If so, temporarily disable them for testing.
3) Ensure no special settings on your host routers that may block local communication between the camera and your phone, such as the "AP isolation" feature.
4) Force close the Tapo app and reopen it, then check if you can download the video recordings.

3. If the picture on the activity zone is not the camera's live view page:
1) Please ensure the Tapo app is up to date.
2) Go to the camera's Live View page and ensure you can watch the live stream, then go to the camera's Device Settings>Detection page to check if the activity zone page will update.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 161

Replies: 1

Related Articles