Tapo C210 randomly seems offline until iOS app restart

2024-01-17 07:46:18 - last edited 2024-01-17 07:47:47
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.11 Build 231115 Rel.85532n(4555)

Hi,

My camera, or rather my iOS app has some strange behaviour that I cannot really troubleshoot. While I am dealing with the app frequently it tells me that the camera is offline and I can not change anything on the camera (it asks me if I want to remove it or check the leds). If I close the app and then open it again I can operate normally again. Even sometimes when the app is open, the shortcut on the widget says it is offline. When I turn off the app the widget goes back to its normal status and I can control the privacy mode again. My signal strength stands at -40/42 so I do not think it is a wifi connectivity issue. And the camera does not seem to have any led indications of something wrong. It is just the app can not get the status from the camera on random frequent intervals. The camera do has an account so that I can record on my synology server but I do not know if that would cause this problem. I feel like it has more to do with the app than the camera itself but I am not sure. Any indications how I can assess what is going on here?

Thank you in advance for your time and efforts!

Options
16 Reply
Re:Tapo C210 randomly seems offline until iOS app restart
2024-01-18 11:12:43

@EspeEstimada 

Hi,
About the reported case, please ensure the Tapo app is the latest one, and you can try to manage the Tapo camera on a different phone if you have one. 
If the problem remains, please let me know the model number and OS version of your phone, and the Tapo app version for further analysis.
Best Regards

Options
2024-01-19 13:02:58

@Solla-topee 

I have an ipad which I installed the app and it seems to be fine. While I can fully control the app from the iPad air 2013 with Tapo App Version 3.2.505 and iOS 12.5.7, it seems offline in my iPhone 13 mini with Tapo App version 3.1.602 and iOS version 16.7. It is weird because it has a lower version then my 10 year iPad and no updates avaiable in the App Store. Maybe there are different versions for iPad or iPhone but in both devices they are updated and no further updates appear. Please see the images attached.

Options
2024-01-22 09:25:43

@EspeEstimada 

Hi,
The latest Tapo app version is 3.2.505 now, and the Tapo app is for iPad and iPhone. On your iPhone, it's suggested to remove the existing Tapo app and go to Apple Store to download and install the Tapo app again, then check if it will use the latest app.
Best Regards

Options
2024-01-22 10:07:28

@Solla-topee 

I just deleted and installed the new version. I will test it out and report.

Thanks!

Options
2024-01-23 06:51:20

@EspeEstimada 

Hi,
Thank you for your attempt, and please feel free to reply if there are any updates.
Best Regards

Options
2024-01-23 11:02:37

@Solla-topee 

Ok I can confirm that this is still a thing. While the app on iPad can connect without problems, the app on the iPhone falters. Both devices on same version now. The camera seems offline till I restart the app. The control from widget also only works while the app is off if the connection is lost.

Options
2024-01-25 12:02:02

@EspeEstimada 

Hi,
I have sent you a link to download the debug Tapo app on your iPhone and the steps to collect the app log via a private message, please help collect the app log for further analysis.
Best Regards

Options
2024-01-26 07:35:59

@Solla-topee 

Hi!

Thank you for your attention and time. Unfortunately I did not receive a link. Where exactly should I have received it?

Thanks!

Options
2024-01-26 07:38:27
@Solla-topee I found the link sorry for the misunderstanding I was expecting here but it was in my messages...
Options
2024-01-26 08:14:40

Beta App versionBeta app OkReal app wants to removeReal App cant reachReal App VersionReal App behaviour  @Solla-topee 

I just sent you a log but I dont know if it is going to be much of help.

Because while the Beta App does not show this behaviour the real app does. I added the images from both devices behaviour at the same time.

The first ones are from the beta and the the second part is from the original

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 898

Replies: 16

Related Articles