Votes

Off-line notification for devices and End-To-End video Cryptography

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-19 15:38:05
Tags: #Offline notifications
Model: Tapo C200   Tapo H100   Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

Hello,

In my opinion a must-have function is the offline notifications for devices.

This is a function present on competitor's similar products. This improvement is essential to make Tapo products at same level of other makers.

The other improvement that could be great usefull and secure for customer is the end-to-end crittography for video stream.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Off-line notification for devices and End-To-End video Cryptography
2024-01-22 07:02:12

@SpM87 

Hi,
1. Thank you very much for your feedback about the offline notification feature, and it's suggested to vote or leave your comments on this thread.

2. The video stream of our cameras is encrypted, usually, only the person who logs in to the Tapo app with the owner account or the shared account can watch the camera's live stream. 
For your feedback, please describe the detailed usage scenario and requirements about "end-to-end cryptography for video stream", I'll log it and forward it to the relevant team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-22 22:23:04

Hi  @Solla-topee ,

1) I voted the main request.

2) for the point I intend a better crittografy. Actually the video is encrypted with a standard key. It is not editable or updatable in case of security breach. A good option could be allow user to set their type of video encryption and security key in order to improve the level of security for your cameras.

Options
2024-01-23 08:15:51

@SpM87 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your description, and I'll log it and forward it to the relevant team to evaluate.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 255

Replies: 3

Voters 1

Tags

Offline notifications