Votes

Why there is no offline notification for tapo cameras?

Votes

2022-06-10 07:21:32 - last edited 2023-01-04 08:51:32

Hi,

Users of Tapo cameras must get the notification on the mobile phone, when cameras switch to offline, because, for example- a burglar can cut the electricity. 

Such notifications are norm in security systems. I can't understand why so important an basic function is not available in tapo application? Appplication "knows" when the camera switches to offline, so why doesn't it send a notification in such case? Tp Link should update the application adding this function.

Options
41 Reply
Re:Why there is no offline notification for tapo cameras?
2022-06-19 15:13:58 - last edited 2023-01-04 08:51:32

@YRK Yes. I'd love it if TPLink would include this feature. Actually this shouldn't even be a feature, it should be a must! TPLink, please provide an update for this!

Options
2022-06-30 12:12:45 - last edited 2023-01-04 08:51:32

@Abalif @YRK 

Thank you for the feedback. Tapo Camera supports Motion detection settings  Alarm as well as pushing Notifications to the phone, with the proper setup phone detection motion and receive notifications when something happened in front of it. 

With Tapo care subscription, user will have some more great features like cloud videos and Rich Notification with snapshot to the phone. 

If you worry the camera being stolen, this guide will help  Protect Your TP-Link Camera From being Stolen.

Offline notification can be helpful for some situations like buglers cut off the electricity, i'd record this request first for evaluation.   It is encouraged to also share your idea on Feature Request board or leave vote for Most Popular Feature Requests for Tapo, in this way users who are interested with this feature could vote or comment for it, that will help with the feature evaluation! Thank you.  

Options
2022-08-30 17:56:14 - last edited 2023-01-04 08:51:32
Any update on this???
Options
2022-08-31 06:19:41 - last edited 2023-01-04 08:51:32
Good day @Ad505 
Currently, you will not receive a notification when the Tapo camera  goes offline, this feature is usually supported on the router end. 
As far as know some Wi-Fi system/ router has the offline notification for connected network devices, 
So you may check if your router has this feature, for example on TP-Link Router's using Tether APP or TP-Link Deco unit using Deco APP has Device Offline alert 
How to configure Connection Alerts on Tether App
How to configure the Connection Alerts feature on the Deco app

Thanks for your continued feedback with this feature, your feedback has been recorded for further consideration. 

Options
2022-08-31 10:16:49 - last edited 2023-01-04 08:51:32

Hi @Solla-topee.

I'd would also like an offline notification feature to be added for these cameras.

It's very surprising that Tapo doesn't support this already: it is a basic (non-subscription) feature of your competitors' cameras.

Your suggestion that this feature should be handled by the router is impractical if an intruder has cut the electricity supply, as the router would be off too.

Options
2022-08-31 16:57:43 - last edited 2023-01-04 08:51:32

@Customer0 Don’t bother. They’ll probably bundle this with tapocare and ask you to pay for it. Seems like the usual way to go.

Options
2022-09-11 07:03:11 - last edited 2023-01-04 08:51:32

@Solla-topee Sorry, but I don't agree. Doing it by a router is problematic and generally is a nonsense. I can't understand why you worsen so much this very good system Tapo, by not implementing, such a basic and important function as an off-line notification? Your competitors, for example, Imou- has this option in the application and it works correctly. There was a problem with it, but they repaired it and works correctly- each time when is a problem with the electricity or connection, the alert is pushed by the phone. I evaluate your system as better, than Imou in many cases, but without off-line notification is like a good car without doors or something like that.

Options
2022-11-27 11:29:37 - last edited 2023-01-04 08:51:32

@YRK 

I agree and I also would like to have this feature included.

Sometimes the power goes down here because of maintenance in the street.

Therefore it already happened that my cameras went offline and I missed the moment that other cats came into my house and eat the food of our own cat.

This seems innocent, but if a burglar would have come, then we had a big problem..

I agree with the other comments here, please apply this feature as it's not so hard to implement.

Regards, qlamenx 

Options
2022-11-27 11:36:58 - last edited 2023-01-04 08:51:32

I made a new topic on the feature board about it.

Please vote: https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/590354

Thank you!

Options
RE:Why there is no offline notification for tapo cameras?
2023-01-27 13:43:14
Please add offline alarm.
Options

Information

Helpful: 61

Views: 8793

Replies: 41

Voters 56

+ 52 Voters