Votes

Automation with energy consumption

2024-01-26 16:51:11 - last edited 2024-02-01 01:23:34
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, if the socket allows you to measure electricity consumption, does it also allow, if I create automation in the Tapo app  with it, to use e.g. instantaneous consumption or voltage, power as a trigger? I.e. eg "Add starter-> Start device -> P110 -> when socket current < 100mA -> start another socket"? Thanks.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Automation with energy consumption
2024-02-01 01:28:10

Anyone who has the same feature request, please vote for this post and share a specific usage scenario in which you want to use this function. This will facilitate the evaluation of this request by the relevant TP-Link team.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-02-01 13:54:04

Hi, thank you. The computer consumes more than 50W, even 70W if it is in operation. "Off" consumes 3W. According to the measured electricity consumption in the outlet, it would be possible to automatically turn off the printer, monitor and other more devices that are in operation only with the computer.

Options
2024-02-27 10:37:12

This feature can already be used if you use Home Assistant. An action can be triggered depending on the current consumption of electricity with the Tapo P110 outlet there. However, the Tapo app does not know to use it.

Options
RE:Automation with energy consumption
2024-05-10 11:12:31
An example of use of this feature: I want to turn my old gas heating off after my tapo house alarm automation is activated (i.e. leaving house) but only want to shut heating off while not actively running
Options
2024-05-26 16:56:18
its just copy and paseing an copying code and slygtly editing it,its all it takes to add this feature
Options
2024-05-28 16:49:09
Oui
Options
3 weeks ago
If aging parents forget something on for too long time, I would like to receive an alert (or better, create automation to turn it off)
Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 379

Replies: 7

Voters 7

+ 3 Voters