Tapo c320ws sd card not working or formatting

2024-01-28 00:40:04 - last edited 2024-01-29 09:06:26

My tapo c320ws fail to format Kingston sd card 128 gb for first use ( I have 4 cameras & 4 sd card) non of them working or formatting .... anyone can help with this issue?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Tapo c320ws sd card not working or formatting
2024-01-28 13:35:43
Return the camera and buy somthing else, from another producer. Had similar issue, this problem is TP Link not willing to resolve the problem. I ended up buying some cheap cameras. I think they are pusing people to subscribe to their cliyd storage. You will get suggestions, like try reinserting card, reformat on pc, check if it is fake card etc .
Options
2024-01-29 09:05:23

@Wahba 

Hi, 
Below are the instructions for troubleshooting if your SD card is not working properly, and we will follow up on this case if you are willing to continue to troubleshoot.
What should I do if the SD card doesn’t work properly on my camera?

Please help confirm the following information if the problem remains.
1. What's the format of your SD card?
2. Please send me a picture of the error message that appears on the Tapo app when you format the SD card if there is one.
3. You can refer to the link below to check if the SD card is fake.
How to Verify Fake Micro SD Cards

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-30 20:32:05 - last edited 2024-01-30 20:34:05

@Solla-topee 

i still don't understand this problem tp-link must clear this issue as kind of respect to their customers 

I have bought 4 sd card 128 gb class 10 Kingston ( tested not fake)

now I tried lexar 64 gb and it's working fine 

tp-link products is not listed for me in the future due to fake information products description 

the camera itself is amazing but something like that is deal breaker and make it totally us

Options
2024-01-30 20:43:23 - last edited 2024-01-30 20:44:01

@Wahba, agree, they are having this issue like for 4-5 years now, but are not willing to resolve it once and for all. If I had knew about it, I would newer buy those cameras. What frustrates me, is that this guy, Sola topee or something, just copy pastes the same instructions over and over again, on almost every single mention of microSD card problems.

Options
2024-01-31 12:22:41

@Wahba  @dmerdan 
Hi,
We have a link below showing the general information about a microSD card that can work with our cameras. However, there are too many microSD card brands and models on the market, it's hard to guarantee that all microSD cards can work with our camera.
General Information about using MicroSD Cards with TP-Link’s Kasa or Tapo Cameras?

We are happy to help solve the problem, but since this problem is not only related to the camera, but also to the microSD card, and different microSD cards used on the cameras may cause different problem phenomena, the root of the cause may also be different, to locate the issue, we need to clarify the specific problem phenomenon, check the information about the SD card, and do some basic tests to make sure that the microSD is working, etc. 
After that, we will do further analysis based on specific phenomena and provide proper suggestions. And we will continuously improve our products and deliver the best performance possible. Your understanding and cooperation would be highly appreciated!

If there are any problems with our product description, please feel free to send me the link and let me know the content that needs to be improved, and I'll forward it to the relevant team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Options
2024-03-01 13:24:26 - last edited 2024-03-01 13:24:52

Same thing just happened to my c320ws. Just an ordinary restart of the device and now the sd card (that was working for a few months) is not initialized and the app cannot format it. The problem (that tp-link DOESNT seem to understand) is that we are talking about external cameras that are installed in places were accessing the camera is either not easily possible or even dangerous. An external camera HAS to be RELIABLE and this camera ISNT!! First we had the problem we had a few months ago were the camera needed a software or even hard reset because of the fllood light staying on forever and took TP-LINK forever to acknowledge the problem and give a new firmware and now this... Its so sad to pay for a known brand thinking that you will be hustle proof only to find out that cheap cameras work way better and more reliable...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 635

Replies: 6

Related Articles