Privacy zone cannot be cleared

2024-02-24 00:49:39 - last edited 2024-02-29 09:51:34
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

I set up a privacy zone on this camera but I can't remove it. It can't be selected to allow me to clear all or delete. 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Privacy zone cannot be cleared -Solution
2024-02-26 09:15:59 - last edited 2024-02-29 09:51:34

@JanoA 

Hi,
On the camera's Device Settings>Video & Display>Privacy Zone page, please tap Privacy Zone, and then you can delete a specific privacy zone or clear all privacy zones.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@rengu 

Hi,
Thank you for sharing your experience. 
I think that the privacy zone you created or deleted on the privacy zone page is effective, but the privacy zone page is not updated in time, so you think that the operation of deleting the privacy zone does not work.
For example, after adding a privacy zone, you can go to the camera's live view page to confirm if it is effective. Then delete the privacy zone, save the settings, and go to the camera's live view page, you can check whether the deletion operation works.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
2024-02-26 09:15:59 - last edited 2024-02-29 09:51:34

@JanoA 

Hi,
On the camera's Device Settings>Video & Display>Privacy Zone page, please tap Privacy Zone, and then you can delete a specific privacy zone or clear all privacy zones.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Privacy zone cannot be cleared
2024-07-28 04:07:32

@Solla-topee I still cannot delete my privacy zone.  Im not able to highlight the existing zones I previously created?

Options
2024-07-29 08:26:40

@Tazman7 

Hi,
1. Please ensure your camera and the Tapo app are up to date.
2. Check if you are logged in to the Tapo app with the owner account.
3. Send me a video showing the problem for further analysis.
Best Regards

Options
2024-08-10 03:46:38

@JanoA 

i am having saving the same problem. Cannot delete the privacy zone after setting. Did u manage to solve it?

Options
2024-08-12 11:56:27

@TapoAngseng 

Hi,
Please help confirm the information on this post for further analysis.
Best Regards

Options
2024-08-13 00:27:55

@Solla-topee 
I'm having the same issue. The option to clear out the privacy zone is greyed out.

Options
2024-08-13 09:21:24

@Lauranth 

Hi, 
1. What's the model number and OS version of your phone? What's the Tapo app version? Please update your Tapo app to the latest one and try again.

2. Check if you are logged in to the Tapo app with the owner account.

3. Please send me a picture of the Privacy Zone page where you see the clear option is greyed out.

Best Regards

Options
3 weeks ago

@JanoA 

Hello, I recently got the c425, I set up the privacy but want to adjust it but for some reason, I cannot click on the black box when I click on clear it doesn't do anything. I added another zone to block and that one can be deleted. but the original one is stuck? I know a factory reset would fix this but don't want to do this... very buggy. I have already got all the apps updated.

Omg so weird, so when I added the new privacy zone, saved it and went back to see if it can be removed cause I blacked out the whole camera and then tried to remove it it could not be done.

Fixed it:

I turned off the Privacy zone, viewed the camera, confirmed the Privacy Zone was not enabled, and went back and the huge black box was gone, and the original one was also gone, I can re-do the Privacy zone again... Looks like turning off Privacy Zone a few times viewing the camera normally and then going back to Privacy has fixed the bug as a workaround.

firmware version: 1.2.18 for the camera

Options

@rengu 

Hi,
Thank you for sharing your experience. 
I think that the privacy zone you created or deleted on the privacy zone page is effective, but the privacy zone page is not updated in time, so you think that the operation of deleting the privacy zone does not work.
For example, after adding a privacy zone, you can go to the camera's live view page to confirm if it is effective. Then delete the privacy zone, save the settings, and go to the camera's live view page, you can check whether the deletion operation works.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Thanks for your reply, I get what you mean. I did another test to delete the privacy zone. I don't know if it's a bug or bad design but what makes it confusing is when you want to move or delete a privacy zone, another transparent box appears on the screen. When you move it around on the screen, the original privacy zone black box is still on the screen (I would have thought this one would not be there at all). That's what people are getting confused about and assume it's stuck or cannot be removed, as when you hit save, it takes you to the Privacy Zone page, and it's not updated there until you back to view the live camera. And I thought the transparent box was a new zone added to the screen.

I hope it's not by design, if it is, then maybe add more information about it as on that page when you add a Privacy Zone as there is a lot of space for clear instruction.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 566

Replies: 11

Related Articles