Wrong currency in Tapo app
Wrong currency in Tapo app
2024-02-24 08:39:54 - last edited 2024-02-27 07:05:07
Tags: #Energy Monitoring #Currency
Model: Tapo P115  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi! 

I have issues with the displayed currency in "Bill of this month" section. My account country is Romania but the currency is GBP instead of RON. Is there any way we can solve this? 

Thanks! 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Wrong currency in Tapo app-Solution
2024-02-26 03:34:26 - last edited 2024-02-27 07:05:07

@Xedros 

What is the country/region your mobile phone system is set to? The currency on the iOS device usually follows the phone's settings.

If you have an Android phone, this currency unit is usually the same as the one in Google Play.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-26 06:08:18 - last edited 2024-02-27 07:05:12

@Wayne-TP 

Hi, 

Thank you for quick reply. Well, that's a problem, my play store is on UK region. Is there any workaround to this? The currency should be selectable, or at least account region based. 

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
2024-02-26 03:34:26 - last edited 2024-02-27 07:05:07

@Xedros 

What is the country/region your mobile phone system is set to? The currency on the iOS device usually follows the phone's settings.

If you have an Android phone, this currency unit is usually the same as the one in Google Play.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-26 06:08:18 - last edited 2024-02-27 07:05:12

@Wayne-TP 

Hi, 

Thank you for quick reply. Well, that's a problem, my play store is on UK region. Is there any workaround to this? The currency should be selectable, or at least account region based. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Wrong currency in Tapo app
2024-02-27 07:13:55

Xedros wrote

@Wayne-TP 

Hi, 

@Xedros  Unfortunately not. 

Why would you use a Play Store account from a country/region other than your own? Actually this can be fixed easily when you switch to the correct account. 

Options
Re:Wrong currency in Tapo app
2024-02-28 14:09:02

Wayne-TP wrote

Why would you use a Play Store account from a country/region other than your own? Actually this can be fixed easily when you switch to the correct account. 

I can't help but feel (and don't take this the wrong way) why arbitarily code the currency symbol in the Tapo app, to a completely unrelated value in your Play Store Account?

I don't believe that the 'currency' in the Tapo App relating to energy monitoring is anything more than a symbol, that is not in any way related to Play Store purchases. As such, there is no reason why it could not just be user defined?

Then again, maybe there is a good reason, I just cannot see it. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 203

Replies: 4

Tags

Related Articles