Tapo C510W disconnecting from Wifi

2024-03-08 08:38:34 - last edited 2024-03-11 05:44:42
Model: Tapo C510W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

My Tapo has started disconnecting from my wifi router, ASUS ZenWiFi XT8.

The camera connects to router thru several ZenWiFi units set up as a Mesh network.

The network works flawless with other devices connected.

It worked perfectly for about 3 months, first month witch cloud setup and then with card.

Now it disconnects from wifi almost every day.

When it disconnects, it does not reconnect unless I manually turn the Tapo off and on again several times.

It still records to cf card but one time it lost all recordings on cf card also.

The signal strength is around -50RSSI.

The Tapo is on the latest firmware.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo C510W disconnecting from Wifi
2024-03-11 07:50:39

@RobertAgren 

Hi,
You can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot if your camera has an unstable issue.
What should I do if my Tapo smart devices keeps losing connection or going Offline?

Please help confirm the following information if the problem remains.
1. What's the LED status on your camera when it disconnects from the Wi-Fi?
2. Does the camera show offline on the Tapo app even if your phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the camera when the problem happens?
3. Please try to enable a hotspot Wi-Fi on your phone, reset the camera, reconfigure it with another phone to connect it to the hotspot Wi-Fi, and then check if the camera will work fine.

Best Regards

Options
2024-03-11 11:19:48 - last edited 2024-03-11 11:21:49

@Solla-topee 

1. Flashing Orange

2. Yes

3. Not really that simple since camera located remotely. 

Why wont the camera reconnect automatically?

It works with hard reset (sometimes have to repeat), then stays on for about a day or so and then goes offline and wont reconnect automatically. 

I suspect melting snow on warm days has an dampening effect on the Wifi signal strength and thats why it goes offline, been working good thru winter.

Will try to optimize wifi arrangement, still frustrating with the camera not coming online but rather end up in some sort of lockt up state.

Also tried auto restart function every night but this didnt make it reconnect either.

Options
2024-03-12 11:09:36

@RobertAgren 

Hi,
You can try to adjust your camera or router location to check if it helps.

Please refer to the link below to collect the device log, and let me know after you have collected the log, then I'll escalate your case to the tech team for further analysis.
How to get the log of Tapo Camera?
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 218

Replies: 3

Related Articles