New User - Can’t Accept Terms & Condition/Privacy Agreement

2024-03-11 16:02:50 - last edited 2024-03-12 13:20:26
Tags: #Installation #Kasa app

I recently purchased HS210 three way switches to replace a competitors switch that wasn't working (never worked properly). I downloaded the Kasa app onto my iPhone running the latest iOS (17.4) and accepted/allowed everything - local LAN access, notifications, location. Within the Kasa app I was immediately prompted to accept an "updated" terms and conditions and privacy statement update after creating and verifying a new account. There seems to be a glitch in the app as I cannot click on the "accept" radio button and then click the confirm dialogue button, both are grayed out. I've tried scrolling to the end of both agreements, waiting 5 mins to see if there was a timer, and uninstalled and reinstalled the Kasa app 3 times. Nothing gets me past the acceptance screen and I cannot do anything else in the app as when I force close the app and reload the acceptance pop-up is the first thing that loads blocking any further actions. 

What am I missing?

From a user experience perspective this is a very poor start to a new app and product.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:New User - Can’t Accept Terms & Condition/Privacy Agreement-Solution
2024-03-13 07:49:22 - last edited 2024-03-13 07:49:31

Hi All,
Thank you for the case report.
The new Kasa app ver 3.3.651 has been released. It's recommended to go to the App Store on your iPhone to download and install the new app and then check if the case will be solved.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
15 Reply
Re:New User - Can’t Accept Terms & Condition/Privacy Agreement
2024-03-11 23:45:21

@MAJ-321 

I am a long time user of the app and it just started doing the same thing to me on my iPhone 13 today. The app (so far) is still working on my iPad (at least has not prompted me to accept new terms & conditions/privacy agreement). 

Options
2024-03-12 02:28:01

@TiaJea same here

Options
2024-03-12 04:25:25

@MAJ-321 I also had kasa app on my iphone ios 17 and it worked fine, but just now kasa stuck on "terms of use" page, will not let me accept, all grayed out, cannot get past this screen.  If I close the app and reopen, flashes on the dashboard screen but then immediately goes to terms of use page and stuck again.  I have tried turning on and off location services and notifications in iphone settings, delete and reinstall kasa app, nothing works.  Product is now useless and all the kasa devices I bought before which used to work fine are all useless because of a programmer error on the terms of use page...

Options
2024-03-12 06:38:33

@MAJ-321 

Me too. Still works on iPad but not on iPhone13. 

Options
2024-03-12 13:30:24

@MAJ-321 

That worked for me. Thank you 

Options
2024-03-12 15:03:40

@TiaJea Awesome!

Options
2024-03-12 15:30:30

@MAJ-321 adjust display and brightness solution does not work at all, does not solve terms and conditions issue and is off-topic, I am sorry you posted it as it will suggest to tplink that the terms and conditions issue has been solved when it has not been solved.  In response to my dm to kasa about terms and conditions, they sent me a link to your post like that was the solution when  it is not.  If kasa display is unreadable that is another topic.

Options
2024-03-12 15:34:44

@MAJ-321 I had to fiddle around with text size and bold a few times, and force-closing the Kasa app. But eventually it seemed to work. Thanks!

Options
2024-03-12 15:46:08

@TagTeam display brightness does not work, does not solve the terms and conditions problem. please delete your post or at least delete the "solution" tag as now kasa thinks the problem is solved and will not solve the problem.  display brightness is something random with your device does not apply generally.  We appreciate the effort but it is counter-productive to kasa's solving the underlying problem.

Options
2024-03-12 16:33:25

I don't know if this will do anything but I was able to log in with my ipad and accept the terms. Then I went into my iphone app and it finally let me do it. Maybe it has to do with that feature devices have where you connect to other devices or something. anyway.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1012

Replies: 15

Tags

Installation
Kasa app
Related Articles