Sharing offline cam

Sharing offline cam
Sharing offline cam
2024-03-20 07:47:21 - last edited 2024-03-22 01:02:17
Model: Tapo C510W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

Hello,

I have setup to camera. They are connected by wifi to a local switch. To configure them i have connected this switch to the internet and hence i could share the camera with another person.

The person and me are connected by wifi to this local switch.

As long as the switch is connected to the internet both the person with whom I shared the cameras and I can access the camera. As soon as the switch is deconnected from the internet, only me can access the camera, they appear as disconnected from the other person.

Where the cameras will be installed, I can't connect the switch to the Internet. How can I ensure that invited guests can access the cameras locally only?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Sharing offline cam-Solution
2024-03-21 09:46:24 - last edited 2024-03-21 15:59:17

@GregoryFR 

Hi, 
The shared account controls the Tapo camera via our cloud server, if the camera has no internet access, the shared account can't control it anymore.

If the camera has no internet access but you want the invited guests to access the camera locally, an alternative way is to share your owner account info with them. I'll recommend connecting the camera to the internet rather than sharing your owner account if possible.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Sharing offline cam-Solution
2024-03-21 09:46:24 - last edited 2024-03-21 15:59:17

@GregoryFR 

Hi, 
The shared account controls the Tapo camera via our cloud server, if the camera has no internet access, the shared account can't control it anymore.

If the camera has no internet access but you want the invited guests to access the camera locally, an alternative way is to share your owner account info with them. I'll recommend connecting the camera to the internet rather than sharing your owner account if possible.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Sharing offline cam
2024-03-21 15:58:50

Thnak you, it's what i feared. I will create a shared account.

Options
Re:Sharing offline cam
2024-03-22 01:03:31

@GregoryFR You are welcome, and thank for your support of our product. smiley

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 141

Replies: 3

Related Articles