Android 14 compatibility

Android 14 compatibility

Android 14 compatibility
Android 14 compatibility
2024-03-22 06:11:19

Hello,

I recently upgraded my phone to Android 14.

Since then, the responding to the TAPO motion detection alerts cause two instances of the TAPO app to be loaded. One of which is just a black screen and the other behaves as before.

Both now have to be closed. It's a bit weird.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Android 14 compatibility
2024-03-25 07:42:05

@Customer0 

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information for the reported case.
1. Can you share a video showing the reported issue? Do you mean you will receive two notifications for the same detected motion?
2. Check if you have the same issue with a different phone, and what's the model number and OS version of that phone?
3. What's the model number and MAC address of the camera that has the issue? You can send them to me via a private message.
4. What's the model number of your phone?
Best Regards

Options
2024-03-31 10:51:36

Hello  @Solla-topee 

The issue is not with the notifications: it's that acknowledging them results in two instances of the TAPO app being launched. One of which is just an empty shell.

This isn't a camera specific problem: it happens with all my C200 camera alerts since I upgraded to the latest version of your Android app. (C200 V1, V2 & V3)XQ-CT54)

My phone is a Sony Xperia 1 iv (XQ-CT54). This issue first manifested after I upgraded to Android 14 - your app then forced me to install the latest version, since when there has been this problem.

Solla-topee wrote

@Customer0 

Hi,
1. Can you share a video showing the reported issue? Do you mean you will receive two notifications for the same detected motion?
2. Check if you have the same issue with a different phone, and what's the model number and OS version of that phone?
3. What's the model number and MAC address of the camera that has the issue? You can send them to me via a private message.
Best Regards

Solla-topee wrote

@Customer0 

Hi,
Best Regards

Solla-topee wrote

@Customer0 

Hi,
Best Regards

Options
2024-04-02 12:35:25

@Customer0 

Hi,
What's the Tapo app version installed on your Sony phone? You can go to the Tapo app>Me>About page to find the version info.
If you have a different phone, please test if the Tapo app will load properly on that phone.
By the way, do you tap the notification immediately once you receive it, and then the Tapo app loads an empty shell?
Best Regards

Options
2024-04-05 00:14:39

Hello @Solla-topee 

I have the TAPO Android app version 3.2.976 currently installed, though the same problem has manifested for every installed version since I was forced to update after upgrading my phone to Android 14.

I don't have another phone to test this out on, though I imagine you must have a whole collection of different test devices(?) Do you have an Xperia 1 (iv) with Android 14?

It doesn't make any difference whether I click on the movement notification immediately or some time later: every  notification launches two instances of the TAPO app. One is blank (black) and non-functional and the other is as expected and usable. Both instances have to be closed (separately) which is quite annoying.

I hadn't installed your reworked app (Version 3.x ?) before upgrading to Android 14 - perhaps there's some element of the previous version which wasn't properly uninstalled?

Options
2024-04-09 09:11:51

@Customer0 

Hi,
In this situation, you can try to uninstall the Tapo app on your phone, clear caches, then reinstall the latest app from the Google Play store and check if the app will work fine. Usually, when you tap a received detection notification, you will be guided to the camera's playback or live view page, and you need to close the app manually if you don't want to watch the camera.

If the problem remains, please help confirm the following information.
1) I have sent a link to download the debug Tapo app to you via a private message, please follow the instructions in the private message to collect the app log for further analysis.
2) Can you share a video that shows the problem?

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 212

Replies: 5

Related Articles