Ability to have two types of users.
Ability to have two types of users.
2024-04-05 12:39:44
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

It would be great to have at least three types of users:

1) The current camera admin user.

2) A non-admin user who can turn cameras on or off, or use smart options to turn cameras on or off when entering or leaving the house.

3) A read-only/notifications user who can view cameras, watch recordings, and receive notifications.

Justifications: In my case, I'm set up as the camera admin, while my wife is a shared user. However, as a shared user, she can't take any actions. If she leaves the house, she has to notify me to change the camera modes. Additionally, when both of us go on vacation, we usually add another person (typically a family member) as a guest so they can receive notifications and view the camera feed in case we lose signal during the trip. However, this person shouldn't be able to take any actions with the camera, such as accidentally turning it off.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Ability to have two types of users.
2024-04-07 11:00:33

@AlquimistaMDev 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options
RE:Ability to have two types of users.
2024-06-02 08:43:27
+1
Options
a week ago
Please allow setting custom permissions for each user the camera is shared with.
Options
Monday
+1
Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 161

Replies: 4

Voters 5

+ 1 Voters