How would I create a shortcut to reboot all my cameras at the same time?

2 weeks ago

I've looked through every section of the Tapo app and I can't find any way to create a shortcut to do this.  My cams are all C120s and C225s but none of them show a Reboot option in the actions I can assign to a shortcut.  

I hope I'm missing something here because it's a pain rebooting 9 cameras one by one.  

Why would I want to do this?  My home network is a mesh system and sometimes the cameras connect to a mesh unit that doesn't have the best signal strength for it.  I've found that rebooting the camera fixes this 95% of the time and I'm thinking that instead of going one by one through each camera, it would be easier just to reboot them all with one shortcut. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:How would I create a shortcut to reboot all my cameras at the same time?
2 weeks ago

@SDGTR 

Hi,
The Reboot action is not available for the Tapo cameras. However, you can try to set the Auto Reboot feature on the camera's Device Settings>Reboot page to allow your camera to reboot automatically during the time you configured.
Best Regards

Options
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for the reply.  Is this something I should submit as a feature request or is there a technical reason why this could not be implemented?

Options
2 weeks ago

@SDGTR 

Hi, 
You can submit a feature request here.
Best Regards

Options