Tapo with C320WS cameras record at same quality as live stream

2024-04-17 09:10:17
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

Using the tapo app i go to the video quality tab to set resolution of the live feed. The app communicates that it is the live stream itself that is affected by this option but when i go to download the clips from the camera they are at 720p, same as stream quality. 

I assumed that the local recording stored on the SD card would be in 2K and stream would be separate to save on bandwidth(im running 6 cameras). 

When i go to pull the SD card and check with my PC the recording is listed as a 720P recording, 2.5 hour recording and is 260MB.

After this i up the quality in the tapo app to 2K quality and the file correctly reads as 2560x1440p video.

On my desktop PC i setup rtsp streams and there are multiple qualities to choose from. stream1 for high quality and stream2 for lower, yet the locally stored videos mirror tapo app settings.

Am i doing something wrong? Should all cameras be set to 2K quality to actually store 2K footage?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo with C320WS cameras record at same quality as live stream
2024-04-18 09:19:31

@Simon2 

Hi,
The video quality strategies vary on different camera models. From your test, the resolution of the video recordings stored on the SD card is the same as the Video Quality you configured on the Tapo app>camera's Device Settings>Video & Display page for Tapo C320WS, so you can set the Video Quality to 2K if you want to store 2K video recordings on the SD card.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 134

Replies: 1

Related Articles