Votes

Request for Feature to Report Stolen and Block Tapo Cameras

Votes

a week ago

Dear TP-Link Team,

I am writing to request the implementation of a new feature in Tapo cameras that allows them to be reported as stolen and remotely blocked.

As a user of your products, I believe this feature is crucial for improving the security of Tapo cameras and offering greater peace of mind to your users. In the event of a camera being stolen or lost, the ability to report it as stolen and remotely block it would:

• Prevent unauthorized access to the images and data recorded by the camera.
  • Render the camera useless to the thief.
  • Facilitate the recovery of the camera if found.

Implementation Proposal:

The theft reporting feature could be implemented as follows:

Camera Registration: During the initial camera setup process, the user should register it with a unique serial number and associate it with their TP-Link account. Theft Reporting: In the event of theft or loss of the camera, the user should have the option to report it as stolen through the Tapo app or the TP-Link website. To do this, the camera's serial number and other verification information should be requested to confirm ownership. Remote Blocking: Once reported as stolen, the camera should be remotely blocked, rendering it unusable to anyone attempting to access it.

Benefits of Implementation:

The implementation of this feature would offer numerous benefits to Tapo camera users, including:

• Increased security: The risk of the images and data recorded by the cameras being used for criminal purposes would be reduced.
  • Peace of mind: Users would have peace of mind knowing that, in the event of theft, their camera would be rendered unusable and their data protected.
  • Possibility of recovery: The remote blocking feature could facilitate the recovery of the camera if found.

Conclusion:

I believe that the theft reporting and remote blocking feature is an essential tool for improving the security of Tapo cameras. I respectfully request that the TP-Link team seriously consider implementing this feature in future firmware updates or new versions of Tapo cameras.

Thank you for your time and attention to this request.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Request for Feature to Report Stolen and Block Tapo Cameras
a week ago

@TSanIsidro 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1070

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.