TP Link outdoor security wifi camera doesnt show on Tapo app when im off the wifi network

TP Link outdoor security wifi camera doesnt show on Tapo app when im off the wifi network

a week ago

I have a model TC65 outdoor security WIFI camera which is connected to my Wifi through a tp link outdoor access point, model #EAP 650
Everything works fine when im accessing the TC65 on the Tapo app on the same wifi. When im not at home and try to access the TC65 on the tapo app using another wifi network, the TC65 is always offline.. Do i need to open a port on the access point?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP Link outdoor security wifi camera doesnt show on Tapo app when im off the wifi network
a week ago

@Andrew1971 

Hi, 

You can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot if you fail to control the camera on the Tapo app remotely.

What to do if I can't control my Tapo cameras on the Tapo app?

Generally, there is no need to open a port on the router for the camera to control it remotely. If the problem remains, please help confirm:

1. Send me(Solla-topee) the MAC address of your TC65 via a private message. 

2. The test results of the above steps.

3. The LED status on the camera.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 47

Replies: 1

Related Articles