Smart Hub H100 Local Only Problem with Starlink

a week ago
Model: Tapo H100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.10 Build 240207 Rel.175759

I have been using Smart Hub for over a year now together with a TP-link door sensor & motion sensor. I have recently changed the network to Starlink. The first couple of days, everything worked well with 5G.

After a week, everything stopped working including TP-link cameras and lights which are connected separately. The Tapo app asked me to set up a 2.4G network to connect the devices. After creating a 2.4G network, everything was connected and worked for 2 days. After 2 days, the Cameras and lights are still working with no problem but, the hub stopped working and saying that it is on only local mode together with sensors.

I have tried to connect reconnect, reset, and re-setup, using different devices including IOS and Android. I tried changing the DNS settings on the router to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as advised on the app too. Nothing solved the problem. Is there any solution to this?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Smart Hub H100 Local Only Problem with Starlink
a week ago

@Palanfir 

Which startlink router are you using? Did you check the signal strength of the hub? Is it possible because of a weak signal?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
a week ago

@Wayne-TP 

Hey there!

I use a Gen 2 router and have zero problems with the internet or the wifi so far with any of the other devices. There is approximately 1 meter between the hub and router. The internet speed and latency are very nice and I have an unobstructed view of the sky etc.

As I mentioned, I am having this problem only with the hub. The rest of the devices (the devices that might require even more data usage) are working fine and the hub was even working fine a few weeks ago.

Options
a week ago

@Palanfir 

Can you share a screenshot of the message you saw on the H100 page? Is it something on the Automation page?

Please provide the device Mac address to me via PM.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
a week ago

@Wayne-TP 

Sure!

Here are the screenshots of the device on both Android and IOS.

On Android, I can see the device when I add it. However, after a couple of hours, it says disconnected. I need to add the device again. When I add the device, it says local only. I can see the connected devices like the door and motion sensor. When it disconnects, they disappear too. I have no automation on any of the devices.

On IOS, I cannot see it and I cannot reconnect it because it gets stuck on the pairing device page.

I have also tried to uninstall the apps from the phones and reinstall it. No chance so far.

I am sending the MAC number as private message!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 121

Replies: 4

Related Articles