Can't re-add NC450 on the app, admin password doesn't work after reset

2024-05-03 17:19:58 - last edited 2024-05-11 02:56:50
Model: NC450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello.

I was trying to set up my NC450 cause I will be leaving for a trip, but the app just wouldn't cooperate, so I reset the camera and deleted/reinstalled the app.
Now, whenever I try to add the camera, I get stuck at the admin password, admin - admin just doesn't work. I've reset the camera like 20 times (pressing the button until the green light is off, then it becomes steady red and the camera does it's thing, moves all around, and gets back online to a steady green), I tried all possible passwords I could imagine, but I just can't get past this step, so no camera. Note that the camera is connected via Ethernet cable.
I tried to access the camera's IP on my computer, but I'm getting the "this site doesn't provide secure connection" error. I managed to access my routers IP, and I see the camera listed on there as a device, but I'm not getting any useful configuration settings to change on this.

Please help! I'm losing my mind, and I really really need the camera working, to keep an eye on my cats while away =(

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Can't re-add NC450 on the app, admin password doesn't work after reset-Solution
2024-05-07 06:07:37 - last edited 2024-06-18 11:14:14

Update on June 18, 2024.

Hi All,
If you can't log in to the camera on the tpCamera app, you can refer to the following steps.

1. Hold the reset button for 10 seconds to factory reset the camera.

2. Try to reconfigure the camera refer to the instructions below, the tpCamera app will prompt you to set a new login password (please do not use admin) in step 5) when configuring the camera.
How to set up cloud camera with tpCamera APP?

If you do not see the step to set a new login password, perhaps the camera has not been reset successfully. If you are sure the reset operation is correct, you can try to configure the camera with a different phone.

3. If the problem remains, it is recommended to refer to the attached instructions to log in to the camera's web UI to change the username and password (if admin/admin is not working when logging in to the camera's web UI, you can try to use the old login password), and then logging in to the tpCamera app with the new account to complete the configuration. 

If the above instructions do not work, please contact your retailer or local support to check if your camera is under warranty. If not, it's suggested to buy a new camera as per your requirements.

Best Regards

File:
NC450 – Change username & password through Web UI (Windows OS).pdfDownload
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can't re-add NC450 on the app, admin password doesn't work after reset-Solution
2024-07-12 10:19:21 - last edited 2024-07-12 10:25:45

@Amenra 

I had the same problem, but now it's solved. The two things I did which made a difference (not sure if both were necessary) were to 1) uninstall the app from my phone, clear the cache and turn the phone off and then on again, and reinstall the app and 2) pull out the camera's power cord not only from the camera but from the wall outlet, and put it back in, and let the camera reset itself, and then follow the steps in the app, and suddenly step 5 appeared ("set password" instead of "enter password"). Good luck!

Recommended Solution
Options
16 Reply
2024-05-07 06:07:37 - last edited 2024-06-18 11:14:14

Update on June 18, 2024.

Hi All,
If you can't log in to the camera on the tpCamera app, you can refer to the following steps.

1. Hold the reset button for 10 seconds to factory reset the camera.

2. Try to reconfigure the camera refer to the instructions below, the tpCamera app will prompt you to set a new login password (please do not use admin) in step 5) when configuring the camera.

If you do not see the step to set a new login password, perhaps the camera has not been reset successfully. If you are sure the reset operation is correct, you can try to configure the camera with a different phone.

3. If the problem remains, it is recommended to refer to the attached instructions to log in to the camera's web UI to change the username and password (if admin/admin is not working when logging in to the camera's web UI, you can try to use the old login password), and then logging in to the tpCamera app with the new account to complete the configuration. 

If the above instructions do not work, please contact your retailer or local support to check if your camera is under warranty. If not, it's suggested to buy a new camera as per your requirements.

Best Regards

File:
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can't re-add NC450 on the app, admin password doesn't work after reset
2024-05-13 23:43:09

@Solla-topee Alooo suporte,vários relatos e vocês continuam insistindo na mesma coisa,após resetar o equipamento ela não está mais aceitando a senha master,vocês conseguem intender que isso é um erro no software???????

Será que é possível a engenharia desenvolver uma atualização ou um bootloader prático para fazer um reset que defato coloque o equipamento em padrão de programação???

Para vocês é muito simples.

Sinceramente sempre trabalhei com a marca,mais sou obrigado a partir para o concorrente,que até às câmeras chinesas vagabundas dão o devido suporte ao cliente.

Caso queiram um relato mais detalhado com vídeos e só chamar no WhatsApp +55 (47) 991575684,será uma prazer ajudá-los a resolver o problema,estou sendo cobrado por vários clientes.

Options
2024-05-14 07:00:49

@Solla-topee like I said, I HAVE RESET THE CAMERA MORE THAN 20 TIMES. The camera DOES NOT GET RESTORED TO FACTORY SETTINGS and the admin - admin password doesn't work!!

I'm not an idiot, I've done everything I'm supposed to do, as have so many other people reporting this same problem. My camera is just a piece of trash at the moment and I don't see the support doing anything to resolve this. 

Options
2024-05-14 08:41:48

@BobyCam  @Amenra 
Hi, 
After resetting the NC450 successfully and reconfiguring it with the tpCamera app, the original master password does not work is right since you have factory reset the camera, and the admin/admin does not work since you need to create a new password when configuring it on the tpCamera app and the password can't be admin.

We need your cooperation to locate the issue, and if you fail to set up the camera on the tpCamera app and are willing to troubleshoot, please let me know which step you get stuck on, and send me a picture of the error message.

(If you can send me a video showing the configuration process, it would be highly appreciated!)

If you can't reset the camera successfully by following the guide on the UG, it may be the camera has an issue, and you can contact your retailer or local support to check if your camera is under warranty.

We can't provide call-back service, if you need hotline support, it's recommended to refer to the contact info here.

Best Regards

Options
2024-05-14 16:04:33

@Solla-topee there is no option whatsoever given for creating a new password.

You reset the camera (by pressing the reset button until light turns off and then to steady red, then the camera starts swinging left right up and down and light turns back to steady green), you then open the app and search for the camera, the app finds the camera, and the next step asks for an UNKNOWN username and password to login to the camera... This is where normally admin-admin SHOULD WORK, and THEN ask you to change the password to something else, but admin-admin doesn't work, as doesn't anything else I can think of that I might have used.

Options
2024-05-15 08:38:58

@Amenra 

Hi,
Can you help provide a video showing your configuration process for further analysis?
Best Regards

Options
2024-05-25 16:13:38 - last edited 2024-05-25 16:20:18

@Solla-topee 

Same problem. I reset the camera for 10 seconds and open tpcamera app, but in the step 5, don't ask to set a new password but ask the admin password. I try "admin" (default password) and the old password before reset but doesn't work. It says "password incorrect" and ask for reset if i forgot the password. 

Options
2024-05-27 11:30:28

@DanLes 

Hi,
From the problem description, it seems the camera can't be reset successfully. You can try to hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds to factory reset the camera, and if the problem remains, you can contact your retailer or local support to check if your camera is under warranty.
Best Regards

Options
2024-05-27 11:40:10

@Solla-topee 

Obviously our cameras don't reset as they should and that's a bug YOUR COMPANY should finally address and find a solution to. My camera, which I paid you good money for,  is not under warranty, and is at this point USELESS.

Options
2024-05-28 09:43:12 - last edited 2024-07-12 10:25:34

Hi All,

We received feedback from a customer who solved the problem by 
1) logging in to the camera's web UI 
2) changing the camera's login account  
3) logging in to the tpCamera app with the new account to complete the configuration. 
The detailed instruction is attached, you can check if it helps in your situation.

Best Regards

File:
Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 1724

Replies: 16

Related Articles