Votes

Logical switch in automations

Votes

a week ago

To assist automation control, can we add ability to set a logical switch on/off (or to a simple value) which can then be referenced by other automations.

Simple use case is a smart action activates the alarm system when leaving the house. This sets the logical switch value to activate other automations. This is much easier than automations activating/deactivating multiple separate automations, which does not work well when they include delays.

Ultimately multiple logical switches could be provided... 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Logical switch in automations
a week ago

@Rbuck  Do you mean to add the Group feature on the Automation page so we can turn on/off the switch on the group to activate or deactivate several automation entries?

Options
a week ago

No, what I am referring to is a preset number of "Global program variables" which can be used in the Automation flow. I.e. SW1, SW2, etc.

These can be set in an automation... "Set SW1 to 1".

These can then be referenced by other automations in the "If" conditions (Currently a Beta feature). i.e. If SW1=1 so they only activate actions based on this condition being true.

This will create a significant advancement in control across separate automations.

Options
a week ago

@Rbuck 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 71

Replies: 3

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.