On/Off Schedules with addition of smrt button override ?

2024-05-17 08:56:06 - last edited 2024-05-22 06:17:46
Model: Tapo P110   Tapo P115   Tapo S200B  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi.

I am researching Tapo capabilities to cover a specific scenario. Can you please give me an insight if the following is possible:

1. I would like to create on/off schedules on a smart socket P110 or P115, I suppose this is doable without problems. 

2. I would like to use a smart button S200B to power on/off the same smart socket as above, overriding the schedule. The schedule should be active when the button is in the "off" state.

3. Additionally I would like to use a smart button S200B to set the "on" duration of the smart socket by turning the button. Each "turn click" should add 30 minutes to the "on" duration.

Looking forward to your insights and suggestions. If further clarification is possible, let me know. If all 3 points are not possible, let me know which parts of that would be possible.

Thanks ! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:On/Off Schedules with addition of smrt button override ?
2024-05-22 06:16:30 - last edited 2024-05-22 06:19:19

@batom 

Note that the smart button is a physical trigger with NO on/off state. And the schedule feature of the smart plug cannot be overridden or disabled using automation so far.

However, you can create some Time Trigger Automations instead, the automation can be enabled/disabled by another automation.  How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

For the third scenario, a new automation action for the Tapo smart plug, "Remain on for a set time" (available in the upcoming Smart Action 2.0), might meet your needs. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 260

Replies: 1

Related Articles