Tapo Smart Cameras doesn't work on cell phone (mobile phone) data
Tapo Smart Cameras doesn't work on cell phone (mobile phone) data
2024-06-10 14:29:11 - last edited 2024-07-02 02:58:55
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.13

Hi!

I need help with my Tapo c200 camera!

When I'm on Wifi or Mobil hotspot I can acces every feature (look at the picture of the camera and control it), but when im on cell phone (mobile phone) data I only get the notifications if the camera sense something but I can't see the live or recorded footage or control it.

I reset the camera already, I deleted the app from my phone and installed it again, I checked the router if its blocking the camera (but it not, i can see it as a client on the network) and I can't find solution for this.

I'ts a shame because it could be a very good device but if I can't look at the camera picture without a Wifi of mobile hotspot I'ts useless for me.

Please help!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re: Tapo Smart Cameras doesn't work on cell phone (mobile phone) data-Solution
2024-06-11 09:48:57 - last edited 2024-07-02 02:58:55

@ITSME_123 

Hi,
The case phenomenon is unusual, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
    1. What's the LED status on the camera? Please send me(@Solla-topee) the MAC address of the camera via a private message.

2. Please describe your network diagram.
Is the camera connected to a hotspot Wi-Fi? If the camera connects to a wireless router's Wi-Fi, what's the model number of the router?

3. Please ensure your phone and camera connect to different Wi-Fi networks and then check if you can control the camera. 
If yes, it's recommended to use a different SIM card on your phone or try a different phone, and check if you can control the camera via the mobile data.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re: Tapo Smart Cameras doesn't work on cell phone (mobile phone) data-Solution
2024-06-11 09:48:57 - last edited 2024-07-02 02:58:55

@ITSME_123 

Hi,
The case phenomenon is unusual, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
    1. What's the LED status on the camera? Please send me(@Solla-topee) the MAC address of the camera via a private message.

2. Please describe your network diagram.
Is the camera connected to a hotspot Wi-Fi? If the camera connects to a wireless router's Wi-Fi, what's the model number of the router?

3. Please ensure your phone and camera connect to different Wi-Fi networks and then check if you can control the camera. 
If yes, it's recommended to use a different SIM card on your phone or try a different phone, and check if you can control the camera via the mobile data.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 275

Replies: 1

Related Articles