Tapo C520WS does not turn on night/IR mode automatically

2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo C520WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.7 build 240306

I just bought new pairs of tapo C520WS cctv camera, and I realised i have below issues:

1. Both of my camera does not turn on night/IR mode automatically at night even after setting it at auto mode.

2. At night when i manually set the feed to night mode and then make it auto mode it remains at night mode which is fine because it's night but when i do same for day mode means when I manually turn on day mode and then turn back to auto mode it still remains at day mode even though it is night. 

We don't even have any feature to manually set time of night mode.

Please help to find the solution for above two issues as these features are the the main reason I bought tapo cameras. My hardware and software are also up to date. 

Please i request your support here.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo C520WS does not turn on night/IR mode automatically -Solution

@Sunny729 

Hi,
Generally, the camera will automatically switch between Day/Night mode according to the ambient light conditions when the Video mode is set to Auto mode. For example, if the camera does not switch to Night mode when it gets dark, it may be because the ambient light conditions do not reach the threshold for switch modes, and the camera may switch to Night mode in darker conditions.

In your usage scenario, can you share a picture of the camera's Live View page when it does not switch to Night mode but you think it should?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Tapo C520WS does not turn on night/IR mode automatically
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee Can anyone please help me?

Options
Re:Tapo C520WS does not turn on night/IR mode automatically -Solution

@Sunny729 

Hi,
Generally, the camera will automatically switch between Day/Night mode according to the ambient light conditions when the Video mode is set to Auto mode. For example, if the camera does not switch to Night mode when it gets dark, it may be because the ambient light conditions do not reach the threshold for switch modes, and the camera may switch to Night mode in darker conditions.

In your usage scenario, can you share a picture of the camera's Live View page when it does not switch to Night mode but you think it should?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee Please let me know how can i share photo to you privately, I don't want to post my house surrounding on this public post. Pleasee help.

Options
a week ago

@Sunny729 

Hi,
Of course. You can upload the pictures to your cloud server(such as Google Drive) and generate a link, then send me(@Solla-topee) the link via a private message to download the pictures.
Or I'll escalate your case to our tech team to follow up via email.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 134

Replies: 4

Related Articles